- (1R,2S)-1-Phenyl-2-methylaminopropanol-1 sulfate
- (-)-erythro-1-Hydroxy-2-(methylamino)-1-phenylpropane sulfate
- Benzenemethanol, a-[1-(methylamino)ethyl]-, [R-(R*,S*)]-, sulfate (2:1)
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Tumorigen; Drug; Mutagen; Human Data
Melting point, °C
Solubility in water
Hazards and Protection.
Keep containers tightly closed. Store protected from light. Store in a cool, dry area away from incompatible substances.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Use with adequate ventilation. Minimize dust generation and accumulation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Avoid ingestion and inhalation. Store protected from light.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
A respiratory protection program that meets OSHA's 29 CFR 1910.134 and ANSI Z88.2 requirements or European Standard EN 149 must be followed whenever workplace conditions warrant a respirator's use.
Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container. Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Avoid generating dusty conditions. Provide ventilation.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures. Light sensitive.
Direct light, strong oxidizing agents.
Nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, oxides of sulfur, irritating and toxic fumes and gases, carbon dioxide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. To extinguish fire use water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or appropriate foam.
This material is probably combustible.
Harmful if swallowed. May cause central nervous system effects. May cause increase in blood pressure.
May cause respiratory tract irritation.
May cause skin irritation.
May cause eye irritation.
Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately. Do NOT induce vomiting. If conscious and alert, rinse mouth and drink 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water.
Get medical aid immediately. Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Do not use mouth-to-mouth respiration if victim ingested or inhaled the substance; induce artificial respiration with the aid of a pocket mask equipped with a one-way valve or other proper respiratory medical device.
Get medical aid immediately. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse.
Flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately.