- 2,7-Diamino-10-ethyl-9-phenylphenthridium bromide
Dark read to purple solid.
Florescence dye for staining DNA.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
very toxic, irritant, mutagenic
R 46 22 26 36/38
S 53 45
Tumorigen; Drug; Mutagen
Melting point, °C
261 - 264
Boiling point, °C
72 (0.1 torr)
Decomposition point, °C
Solubility in water
1.4575 (20 C)
Hazards and Protection.
Keep away from heat, sparks, and flame. Keep container closed when not in use. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Use with adequate ventilation. Minimize dust generation and accumulation. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Keep container tightly closed. Avoid ingestion and inhalation.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to minimize contact with skin.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Sweep up, then place into a suitable container for disposal. Avoid generating dusty conditions. Remove all sources of ignition. Provide ventilation.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Strong oxidizing agents.
Nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, hydrogen bromide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. Dusts at sufficient concentrations can form explosive mixtures with air. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Extinguishing media: For small fires, use water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide or chemical foam. Use agent most appropriate to extinguish fire.
Non-combustible, substance itself does not burn but may decompose upon heating to produce corrosive and/or toxic fumes.
Contact with metals may evolve flammable hydrogen gas.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
May alter genetic material.
May cause gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated.
Causes respiratory tract irritation. The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated.
Causes skin irritation.
Causes eye irritation.
Do NOT induce vomiting. If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid. DO NOT use mouth-to-mouth respiration. If breathing has ceased apply artificial respiration using oxygen and a suitable mechanical device such as a bag and a mask.
Get medical aid. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid.
I; II; III
2933 99 90