- Carbamic acid, methyl-2-(ethylthiomethyl)phenyl ester
- 2-Ethylthiomethylphenyl N-methylcarbamate
Colorless crystals with a mercaptan-like odor.
Insecticide. For specific control of aphids by contact and stomach action with systemic properties on fruit crops, ornamentals, and vegetables. Not registered for current use in the US.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
EC Index Number
Agricultural Chemical and Pesticide; Human Data
Swiss Giftliste 1
Melting point, °C
43 - 45
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
0.0002 (25 C)
1.47 g/cm3 (20 C)
Solubility in water
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Store at 2-8 C.
Compatible chemical-resistant gloves. Chemical safety goggles.
Wear positive pressure self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA).
Do not touch damaged containers or spilled material unless wearing appropriate protective clothing. Stop leak if you can do it without risk. Cover with plastic sheet to prevent spreading. Absorb or cover with dry earth, sand or other non-combustible material and transfer to containers. DO NOT GET WATER INSIDE CONTAINERS.
Stable at normal temperatures and pressures.
Strong oxidizing agents.
Thermal decomposition may
Extinguish using Water spray. Carbon dioxide, dry chemical powder, or appropriate foam. Wear self-contained breathing apparatus and protective clothing to prevent contact with skin and eyes.
Emits toxic fumes under fire conditions.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Dangerous for the environment. Harmful if swallowed. Very toxic to aquatic organisms, may cause long-term adverse effects in the aquatic environment.
Harmful if swallowed.
Highly toxic, may be fatal if inhaled, swallowed or absorbed through skin. Effects of contact or inhalation may be delayed.
Avoid any skin contact. See Inhalation.
Seek medical assistance.
Move victim to fresh air. Apply artificial respiration if victim is not breathing. Do not use mouth-to-mouth method if victim ingested or inhaled the substance; induce artificial respiration with the aid of a pocket mask equipped with a one-way valve or other proper respiratory medical device. Administer oxygen if breathing is difficult.
Remove and isolate contaminated clothing and shoes. Remove material from skin immediately. Immediately flush with running water for at least 20 minutes. For minor skin contact, avoid spreading material on unaffected skin.
Immediately flush with running water for at least 20 minutes.