- Diethyl chlorophosphite
- Ethyl phosphorochloridite
- Phosphorochloridous acid, diethyl ester
Clear colorless to yellow liquid.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
R 11 14 34 37
S 16 26 36/37/39 45
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Boiling point, °C
Vapor density (air=1)
1.0962 g/cm3 (0 C)
Solubility in water
1.4360 (20 C)
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Keep away from heat, sparks, and flame. Keep away from sources of ignition. Keep container closed when not in use. Keep away from water. Flammables-area.
Do not allow water to get into the container because of violent reaction. Ground and bond containers when transferring material. Use spark-proof tools and explosion proof equipment. Do not breathe dust, vapor, mist, or gas. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Empty containers retain product residue, (liquid and/or vapor), and can be dangerous. Keep container tightly closed. Avoid contact with heat, sparks and flame. Do not ingest or inhale. Do not allow contact with water. Use only in a chemical fume hood. Discard contaminated shoes. Do not pressurize, cut, weld, braze, solder, drill, grind, or expose empty containers to heat, sparks or open flames. Keep from contact with moist air and steam.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to minimize contact with skin.
A respiratory protection program that meets OSHA's 29 CFR 1910.134 and ANSI Z88.2 requirements or European Standard EN 149 must be followed whenever workplace conditions warrant a respirator's use.
Absorb spill with inert material, (e.g., dry sand or earth), then place into a chemical waste container. Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Remove all sources of ignition. Use a spark-proof tool. Provide ventilation. Do not expose spill to water. A vapor suppressing foam may be used to reduce vapors.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures. Combines vigorously or explosively with water.
Strong bases, strong oxidizing agents.
Hydrogen chloride, carbon monoxide, oxides of phosphorus, irritating and toxic fumes and gases, carbon dioxide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. Will burn if involved in a fire. Water Reactive. Material will react with water and may release a flammable and/or toxic gas. Use water spray to keep fire-exposed containers cool. Containers may explode in the heat of a fire. Vapors may be heavier than air. They can spread along the ground and collect in low or confined areas. May ignite or explode on contact with steam or moist air. Extinguishing media: Use dry sand or earth to smother fire. Use water spray to cool fire-exposed containers. Use foam, dry chemical, or carbon dioxide. Water may be ineffective. DO NOT USE WATER! Contact professional fire-fighters immediately.
Flammable/combustible material. May be ignited by heat, sparks or flames.
Vapors may form explosive mixtures with air. Vapors may travel to source of ignition and flash back. Most vapors are heavier than air. They will spread along ground and collect in low or confined areas (sewers, basements, tanks). Vapor explosion hazard indoors, outdoors or in sewers.
Fire will produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Effects may be delayed.
May cause severe and permanent damage to the digestive tract. Causes gastrointestinal tract burns. May cause perforation of the digestive tract. Ingestion of large amounts may cause CNS depression. May cause systemic effects.
Causes chemical burns to the respiratory tract. Aspiration may lead to pulmonary edema. Vapors may cause dizziness or suffocation. May cause systemic effects. May cause burning sensation in the chest.
Causes skin burns. May cause cyanosis of the extremities. May cause skin rash (in milder cases), and cold and clammy skin with cyanosis or pale color.
Causes eye burns. May cause chemical conjunctivitis and corneal damage.
Do NOT induce vomiting. If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately.
Get medical aid immediately. Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. DO NOT use mouth-to-mouth respiration. If breathing has ceased apply artificial respiration using oxygen and a suitable mechanical device such as a bag and a mask.
Get medical aid immediately. Immediately flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse. Destroy contaminated shoes. If water-reactive products are embedded in the skin, no water should be applied. The embedded products should be covered with a light oil.
Get medical aid immediately. Do NOT allow victim to rub or keep eyes closed. Extensive irrigation is required (at least 30 minutes).
I; II; III