- Ethyl 2-iodoacetate
- Ethyl monoiodoacetate
- Iodoacetic acid ethyl ester
- Acetic acid, iodo-, ethyl ester
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
S 7/9 23.2
Swiss Giftliste 1
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
5.3 (20 C)
Vapor density (air=1)
1.832 g/cm3 (4 C)
Solubility in water
1.50789 (12.7 C)
Hazards and Protection.
Keep away from sources of ignition. Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances. Refrigerator (approx 4 C).
Wash thoroughly after handling. Use with adequate ventilation. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Keep container tightly closed. Avoid contact with heat, sparks and flame. Do not ingest or inhale.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Absorb spill with inert material, (e.g., dry sand or earth), then place into a chemical waste container. Remove all sources of ignition. Provide ventilation. Do not get water inside containers.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Acids, bases, strong oxidizing agents.
Carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, hydrogen iodide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. Use water spray to keep fire-exposed containers cool. Water Reactive. Combustible Liquid. Substance may react with water, and may release corrosive and/or toxic gases. Containers may explode when heated. Vapors are flammable above 83C (182F) in vessels of adequate size. Extinguishing media: Do NOT use water directly on fire. Do NOT get water inside containers. Use dry chemical or carbon dioxide.
Combustible material: may burn but does not ignite readily.
When heated, vapors may form explosive mixtures with air: indoors, outdoors, and sewers explosion hazards.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
May be fatal if swallowed. May cause central nervous system effects.
Causes respiratory tract irritation.
Causes skin irritation.
Causes severe eye burns.
If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid.
Get medical aid immediately. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately. Do NOT allow victim to rub or keep eyes closed.
2915 90 80