- Ethylthiophosphonic dichloride
- Dichloroethylphosphine sulfide
- Ethanephosphonothionodichloridic acid
- Ethanethiophosphonodichloridic acid
A clear colorless liquid with a pungent odor.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Boiling point, °C
177 - 178
Vapor pressure, mmHg
1.8 (25 C)
1.3534 g/cm3 (20 C)
Solubility in water
1.5428 (20 C)
Partition coefficient, pKow
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Keep in a cool, dry, dark location in a tightly sealed container or cylinder. Keep away from incompatible materials, ignition sources and untrained individuals. Secure and label area. Protect containers/cylinders from physical damage.
All chemicals should be considered hazardous. Avoid direct physical contact. Use appropriate, approved safety equipment. Untrained individuals should not handle this chemical or its container. Handling should occur in a chemical fume hood.
Wear appropriate protective gloves, clothing and goggles.
Wear positive pressure self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA).
Keep sparks, flames, and other sources of ignition away. Keep material out of water sources and sewers. Build dikes to contain flow as necessary. Attempt to stop leak if without undue personnel hazard. Use water spray to knock-down vapors. Do not use water on material itself. Neutralize spilled material with crushed limestone, soda ash, or lime.
Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents, alcohols, amines, alkali May react vigorously or explosively
Use alcohol foam, dry chemical or carbon dioxide. Do not use water on material itself. If large quantities of combustibles are involved, use water in flooding quantities as spray and fog. Use water spray to knock-down vapors. Cool all affected containers with flooding quantities of water. Apply water from as far a distance as possible.
This material is combustible.
POISONOUS GASES ARE PRODUCED IN FIRE. Oxides of sulfur, phosphorus; hydrogen chloride and phosgene. Contact with water applied to adjacent fires will produce irritating fumes of hydrogen chloride.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
TOXIC; inhalation, ingestion, or skin contact with material may cause severe injury or death. Effects of contact or inhalation may be delayed.
Contact with molten substance may cause severe burns to skin and eyes. See Inhalation.
Give large amounts of water; induce vomiting; get medical attention; enforce rest for 24-36 hours.
Remove victim from exposure; oxygen can be used for pulmonary symptoms with decongestants; enforce complete rest, because effects may be delayed 24 hours; similar to phosgene poisoning.
Wash thoroughly with soap and water.
Flush thoroughly with water and seek medical attention; apply Pontocaine drops (1/2%) and cortisone ointment (1%).
USCG CHRIS Code
Std. Transport #