- LS 890
- SIE 4901.4
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
16 26 36
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Boiling point, °C
123 - 124
Vapor pressure, mmHg
15 (25 C)
0.94 g/cm3 (25 C)
Solubility in water
50 g/L (25 C)
1.384 (20 C)
Partition coefficient, pKow
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Keep tightly closed. Keep away from heat, sparks, and open flame. Store in a cool dry place.
Compatible chemical-resistant gloves. Chemical safety goggles. Protective clothing.
Use respirators and components tested and approved under appropriate government standards such as NIOSH (US) or CEN (EU). Where risk assessment shows air-purifying respirators are appropriate use a full-face respirator with multi-purpose combination (US) or type ABEK (EN 14387) respirator cartridges as a backup to engineering controls. If the respirator is the sole means of protection, use a full-face supplied air respirator.
Absorb on sand or vermiculite and place in closed containers for disposal. Ventilate area and wash spill site after material pickup is complete.
Stable if stored at recommended conditions.
Acids, Bases, Alcohols, Strong oxidizing agents.
Carbon monoxide, Carbon dioxide Methanol, Silicon oxide.
For small (incipient) fires, use media such as alcohol foam, dry chemical, or carbon dioxide. For large fires, apply water from as far as possible. Use very large quantities (flooding) of water applied as a mist or spray; solid streams of water may be ineffective. Cool all affected containers with flooding quantities of water. Wear self-contained breathing apparatus and protective clothing to prevent contact with skin and eyes.
Vapor may travel considerable distance to source of ignition and flash back. Container explosion may occur under fire conditions. Emits toxic fumes under fire conditions.
May be harmful by inhalation, ingestion, or skin absorption.
Material may be irritating to mucous membranes and upper respiratory tract.
May cause irritation.
If swallowed, wash out mouth with water provided person is conscious. Call a physician.
If inhaled, remove to fresh air. If not breathing give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen.
In case of contact, immediately wash skin with soap and copious amounts of water. Remove contaminated clothing and shoes. Call a physician.
In case of contact with eyes, flush with copious amounts of water for at least 15 minutes. Assure adequate flushing by separating the eyelids with fingers. Call a physician.