- Etodolic acid
- 1,8-Diethyl-1,3,4,9-tetrahydropyrano(3,4-b)indole-1-acetic acid
- 1,3,4,9-Tetrahydro-1,8-diethylpyrano(3,4-b)indole-1-acetic acid
- Pyrano(3,4-b)indole-1-acetic acid, 1,3,4,9-tetrahydro-1,8-diethyl
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
R: 23/24/25 40
S: 22 36 45
Melting point, °C
145 - 148
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
3.9E-11 (25 C)
1.193 g/cm3 (20 C)
Solubility in water
Partition coefficient, pKow
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Store at 2 - 8 C.
Chemical resistant gloves, safety goggles.
Use respirators and components tested and approved under appropriate government standards such as NIOSH (US) or CEN (EU). Where risk assessment shows air-purifying respirators are appropriate use a full-face particle respirator type N99 (US) or type P2 (EN 143) respirator cartridges as a backup to engineering controls. If the respirator is the sole means of protection, use a full-face supplied air respirator.
Sweep up, place in a bag and hold for waste disposal. Avoid raising dust. Ventilate area and wash spill site after material pickup is complete.
Stable at normal temperatures and pressures.
Carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, and nitrogen oxides.
EXTINGUISHING MEDIA Suitable: Water spray. Carbon dioxide, dry chemical powder, or appropriate foam. Protective Equipment: Wear self-contained breathing apparatus and protective clothing to prevent contact with skin and eyes.
Emits toxic fumes under fire conditions.
Toxic by inhalation, in contact with skin and if swallowed. Limited evidence of a carcinogenic effect. Possible teratogen. Prolonged or repeated exposure may cause allergic reactions in certain sensitive individuals. Gastrointestinal disturbances. Exposure can cause: Nausea, dizziness, and headache.
If swallowed, wash out mouth with water provided person is conscious. Call a physician.
If inhaled, remove to fresh air. If breathing becomes difficult, call a physician.
In case of skin contact, flush with copious amounts of water for at least 15 minutes. Remove contaminated clothing and shoes. Call a physician.
In case of contact with eyes, flush with copious amounts of water for at least 15 minutes. Assure adequate flushing by separating the eyelids with fingers. Call a physician.