Off-white powder with a musty odor.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Swiss Giftliste 1
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
5.4E-12 (25 C)
Solubility in water
Partition coefficient, pKow
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Store in well-ventilated area. Store in a dry area. Store out of direct sunlight in a cool place. Do not store this material near food, feed or drinking water. The maximum recommended storage temperature for this material is 55 C. Keep container tightly closed when not in use.
Use safety glasses. If there is a potential for exposure to particles, which could cause eye discomfort, wear chemical goggles. Use gloves chemically resistant to this material.
Use a NIOSH approved air-purifying respirator. For dusty atmospheres, use a NIOSH approved particulate respirator.
Stable under normal storage conditions
Oxidizing agents and acids.
When product is involved in a fire use carbon dioxide, dry chemical, water spray or foam. Remain upwind. Avoid breathing smoke. Use water spray to cool containers exposed to fire. Contain run-off. Wear self-contained breathing apparatus (pressure-demand MSHA/NIOSH approved or equivalent) and full protective gear.
Nitrogen oxides, sulfur oxides and hydrogen chloride.
Low toxicisity if swallowed. Small amounts swallowed incidental to normal handling are not likely to cause ingury.
Brief contact may cause slight skin irritation with local redness.
Essentially non-irritating to eyes. Dust may irritate eyes.
Call a poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice. Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow. Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by the poison control center or doctor. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
Move person to fresh air; if effects occur, consult a physician.
Take off contaminated clothing. Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes. Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
Flush eyes thoroughly with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses after initial 1-2 minutes and continue flushing for several additional minutes. If effects occur ,consult a physician, preferably an ophthalmologist.