White crystalline solid with a mild odor.
Control of the mobile stage of a wide range of phytophagus mites on citrus, glasshouse crops, ornamentally top fruit, vegetable and vines.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
EC Index Number
Very toxic; Irritant; Dangerous for the Environment
Agricultural Chemical and Pesticide; Organometallic
Swiss Giftliste 1
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
5E-28 (25 C)
1.29 - 133 g/cm3 (20 C)
Solubility in water
0.005 mg/L (23 C)
Partition coefficient, pKow
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Keep in a cool, dry, dark location in a tightly sealed container or cylinder. Keep away from incompatible materials, ignition sources and untrained individuals. Secure and label area. Protect containers/cylinders from physical damage.
All chemicals should be considered hazardous. Avoid direct physical contact. Use appropriate, approved safety equipment. Untrained individuals should not handle this chemical or its container. Handling should occur in a chemical fume hood.
Wear appropriate chemical protective gloves, boots and goggles. Organotin pesticide, liquid, not otherwise specified (compounds and preparations) (insecticides, not elsewhere classified ) wear appropriate chemical protective gloves, boots and goggles.
Wear positive pressure self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA).
Make no contact with the spilled material. Fully encapsulating, vapor protective clothing should be worn for spills and leaks with no fire. ELIMINATE all ignition sources and ground all equipment. Stop leak if you can do it without risk. A vapor suppressing foam may be used to reduce vapors. Absorb or cover with dry earth, sand or other non-combustible material and transfer to containers. Use clean non-sparking tools to collect absorbed material.
Use of water spray when fighting fire may be inefficient. Small Fires: Dry chemical, carbon dioxide, water spray or alcohol-resistant foam. Large Fires: Water spray, fog or alcohol-resistant foam.
HIGHLY FLAMMABLE: Will be easily ignited by heat, sparks or flames.
Vapors may form explosive mixtures with air. Vapors may travel to source of ignition and flash back. Most vapors are heavier than air. They will spread along ground and collect in low or confined areas (sewers, basements, tanks). Vapor explosion and poison hazard indoors, outdoors or in sewers.
Toxic gases and vapors may be released in a fire involving organic tin compounds.
IDHL: 25 mg/m3
Triphenyl tin: encephalopathy, polyneuropathy trimethyl tin: tinnitus, lightheadedness, aggression, unresponsiveness; seizures in one human case and in experimental animals tributyl tin: weakness, loss of appetite, headache trialkyl tin: eeg abnormalities and altered consciousness diiododiethyl tin: headache and cerebral edema
Abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite and sore throat have been reported.
May be fatal. May cause irritatior or burns. Vapors may cause dizziness or suffocation.
Some tin compounds may cause sensitization, irritation or burns, and may be percutaneously absorbed.
Seek medical assistance.
Move victim to fresh air. Apply artificial respiration if victim is not breathing. Do not use mouth-to-mouth method if victim ingested or inhaled the substance; induce artificial respiration with the aid of a pocket mask equipped with a one-way valve or other proper respiratory medical device. Administer oxygen if breathing is difficult. Remove and isolate contaminated clothing and shoes.
Remove contaminated clothing and wash exposed area thoroughly with soap and water. A physician should examine the area if irritation or pain persists.
Irrigate exposed eyes with copious amounts of tepid water for at least 15 minutes. If irritation, pain, swelling, lacrimation, or photophobia persist, the patient should be seen in a health care facility.