- O,O-Dimethyl O-(3-methyl-4-nitrophenyl) phosphorothioate
- O,O-Dimethyl O-4-nitro-m-tolyl thiophosphate
- O,O-dimethyl o-4-nitro-m-tolyl phosphorothioate
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
EC Index Number
Harmful; Dangerous for the Environment
Agricultural Chemical and Pesticide; Mutagen; Reproductive Effector; Human Data
Swiss Giftliste 1
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
0.0001 (25 C)
1.32 g/cm3 (20 C)
Solubility in water
1.5528 (20 C)
Partition coefficient, pKow
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Store at in enameled, aluminum or glass containers and avoid heat and iron which promote decomposition. Store away from foodstuffs.
All chemicals should be considered hazardous. Avoid direct physical contact. Use appropriate, approved safety equipment. Untrained individuals should not handle this chemical or its container. Handling should occur in a chemical fume hood.
Wear appropriate protective gloves, clothing and goggles.
Must wear a respirator with an activated-carbon gas filter cartridge affording protection for a determined number of working hours.
(Non-Specific -- Organophosphate Pesticide n.o.s.) Keep unnecessary people away; isolate hazard area and deny entry. Stay upwind; keep out of low areas. Ventilate closed spaces before entering them. Remove and isolate contaminated clothing at the site. Do not touch spilled material; stop leak if you can do so without risk. Use water spray to reduce vapors. Small spills: absorb with sand or other noncombustible absorbent material and place into containers for later disposal. Large spills: dike far ahead of spill for later disposal.
Above 100 C may decompose explosively.
(Non-Specific -- Organophosphate Pesticide n.o.s.) Move containers from fire area if you can do so without risk. Fight fire from maximum distance. Dike fire control water for later disposal; do not scatter the material. Wear positive pressure breathing apparatus and special protective clothing.This compound is an organophosphate insecticide.Small fires: dry chemical, carbon dioxide, water spray, or foam. Large fires: water spray, fog or foam.
Combustible material: may burn but does not ignite readily.
When heated to decomposition, it emits very toxic fumes of oxides of nitrogen, phosphorus and sulfur. Decomposition at 212-284F produces a mixture of organophosphorus polymers. Unstable in alkaline media. Stable for 2 years if stored at 68-77F. Do not store above 104F.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Fever, low heart rate and abnormally low blood pressure, or rapid heart rate and elevated blood pressure may occur. Headache, dizziness, muscle spasms and profound weakness are common. Alterations of level of consciousness, anxiety, paralysis, seizures and coma may occur. Seizures may be more common in children.
Vomiting, hypersalivation, diarrhea, fecal incontinence and abdominal pain may occur.
Dyspnea, rales, bronchorrhea, bronchospasm, or tachypnea may be noted. Noncardiogenic pulmonary edema may occur in severe cases. Chemical pneumonitis may be seen.
Sweating is a consistent but not universal sign.
Constriction of the pupil, tearing, and blurred vision are common. Prolonged dialation of the pupils may occur in severe poisonings. Opsoclonus has been reported in one case. Salivation commonly occurs.
Seek medical assistance.
Move victim to fresh air. Apply artificial respiration if victim is not breathing. Do not use mouth-to-mouth method if victim ingested or inhaled the substance; induce artificial respiration with the aid of a pocket mask equipped with a one-way valve or other proper respiratory medical device. Administer oxygen if breathing is difficult.
Remove and isolate contaminated clothing and shoes. Immediately flush with running water for at least 20 minutes. For minor skin contact, avoid spreading material on unaffected skin.
Immediately flush with running water for at least 20 minutes.
I; II; III
USCG CHRIS Code