First recovery mineral spirits rerefined
- Hydrocarbon based degreaser
Clear, green liquid.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
EC Index Number
Carcinogenic Category 2; Harmful
Boiling point, °C
Vapor density (air=1)
0.78 g/cm3 (20 C)
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances.
Containers of this material may be hazardous when emptied. Since emptied containers retain product residues (vapor, liquid, and/or solid), all hazard precautions given in the data sheet must be observed. All five gallon pails and larger metal containers including tank cars and tank trucks should be grounded and/or bonded when material is transferred.
Wear appropriate protective gloves, clothing and goggles.
Wear positive pressure self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA).
Make no contact with the spilled material. ELIMINATE all ignition sources and ground all equipment. Stop leak if you can do it without risk. A vapor suppressing foam may be used to reduce vapors. Absorb or cover with dry earth, sand or other non-combustible material and transfer to containers. Use clean non-sparking tools to collect absorbed material.
Stable at normal temperatures and pressures.
Reacts with oxidizing agents.
Carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide, various hydrocarbons.
Use of water spray when fighting fire may be inefficient. Small Fires: Dry chemical, carbon dioxide, water spray or alcohol-resistant foam. Large Fires: Water spray, fog or alcohol-resistant foam. Use water spray or fog; do not use straight streams.
HIGHLY FLAMMABLE: Will be easily ignited by heat, sparks or flames.
Vapors may form explosive mixtures with air. Vapors may travel to source of ignition and flash back. Most vapors are heavier than air. They will spread along ground and collect in low or confined areas (sewers, basements, tanks). Vapor explosion hazard indoors, outdoors or in sewers.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
The toxological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated.
Swallowing small amounts of this material during normal handling is not likely to cause harmful effects. Swallowing large amounts may be harmful. This material can enter the lungs during swallowing or vomiting and cause lung inflammation and/or damage.
Vapors may cause dizziness or suffocation. May cause irritation or burns.
May cause irritation or burns.
Seek medical assistance.
Move victim to fresh air. Apply artificial respiration if victim is not breathing. Administer oxygen if breathing is difficult.
Remove and isolate contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash skin with soap and water. Flush with running water for at least 20 minutes
Flush with running water for at least 20 minutes.