- Mordant Blue 10
- C.I. 51030
- 7-Dimethylamino-4-hydroxy-3-oxo-3H-phenoxazine-1-carboxylic acid
- Phenoxazin-5-ium, 1-carboxy-7-(dimethylamino)-3,4-dihydroxy-, chloride
Used as a a dye.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Hazards and Protection.
Keep containers tightly closed. Store in a cool, dry area away from incompatible substances.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Use with adequate ventilation. Minimize dust generation and accumulation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Do not ingest or inhale. Do not breathe dust.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
A respiratory protection program that meets OSHA's 29 CFR 1910.134 and ANSI Z88.2 requirements or European Standard EN 149 must be followed whenever workplace conditions warrant a respirator's use.
Sweep up, then place into a suitable container for disposal. Avoid generating dusty conditions. Provide ventilation.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Strong oxidizing agents.
Hydrogen chloride, nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. To extinguish fire use water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or appropriate foam.
Non-combustible, substance itself does not burn but may decompose upon heating to produce corrosive and/or toxic fumes.
Contact with metals may evolve flammable hydrogen gas.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
May cause gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. May be harmful if swallowed.
May cause respiratory tract irritation.
Causes skin irritation.
Causes eye irritation. May cause chemical conjunctivitis.
Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately. Do NOT induce vomiting. If conscious and alert, rinse mouth and drink 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid.
Get medical aid immediately. Immediately flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately.
I; II; III