- Hexaethylphosphorous triamide
- Phosphorous acid tris(diethylamide)
Clear light yellow to orange liquid.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
S 26 36
Boiling point, °C
0.9906 g/cm3 (20 C)
Solubility in water
1.4788 (20 C)
Hazards and Protection.
Keep away from heat, sparks, and flame. Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances. Flammables-area. Do not expose to air. Store under an inert atmosphere.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Ground and bond containers when transferring material. Use spark-proof tools and explosion proof equipment. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Empty containers retain product residue, (liquid and/or vapor), and can be dangerous. Avoid contact with heat, sparks and flame. Avoid ingestion and inhalation. Use with adequate ventilation. Handle under an inert atmosphere. Store protected from air. Do not pressurize, cut, weld, braze, solder, drill, grind, or expose empty containers to heat, sparks or open flames.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
A respiratory protection program that meets OSHA's 29 CFR 1910.134 and ANSI Z88.2 requirements or European Standard EN 149 must be followed whenever workplace conditions warrant a respirator's use.
Absorb spill with inert material, (e.g., dry sand or earth), then place into a chemical waste container. Avoid runoff into storm sewers and ditches which lead to waterways. Remove all sources of ignition. Use a spark-proof tool. Provide ventilation. Place under an inert atmosphere. A vapor suppressing foam may be used to reduce vapors.
Stable at room temperature in closed containers under normal storage and handling conditions. Air sensitive
Strong oxidizing agents, air.
Nitrogen oxides, phosphine, carbon monoxide, oxides of phosphorus, irritating and toxic fumes and gases, carbon dioxide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Will burn if involved in a fire. Use water spray to keep fire-exposed containers cool. Containers may explode in the heat of a fire. Extinguishing media: Use water spray to cool fire-exposed containers. Water may be ineffective. Use agent most appropriate to extinguish fire. Do NOT use straight streams of water. In case of fire use water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or appropriate foam.
HIGHLY FLAMMABLE: Will be easily ignited by heat, sparks or flames.
Vapors may form explosive mixtures with air. Vapors may travel to source of ignition and flash back. Most vapors are heavier than air. They will spread along ground and collect in low or confined areas (sewers, basements, tanks). Vapor explosion hazard indoors, outdoors or in sewers.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Effects may be delayed.
May cause gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. Ingestion of large amounts may cause CNS depression.
Causes respiratory tract irritation. Vapors may cause dizziness or suffocation. Can produce delayed pulmonary edema. May cause burning sensation in the chest.
Causes skin irritation. May cause dermatitis. May cause cyanosis of the extremities.
Causes eye irritation. May cause chemical conjunctivitis and corneal damage.
Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid. Do NOT induce vomiting. If conscious and alert, rinse mouth and drink 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid. DO NOT use mouth-to-mouth respiration.
Get medical aid. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid.
I; II; III
2931 00 95