Solid is a colorless crystalline solid.
Chemical intermediate for nylon-type polyamide resins.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
EC Index Number
Harmful; Irritant; Corrosive
R 21/22 34 37
S 22 26 36/37/39 45
Swiss Giftliste 1
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
39 - 42
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
0.26 (25 C)
Vapor density (air=1)
Odor Threshold Odor threshold 0.0041 mg/m3
0.66 g/cm3 (20 C)
Solubility in water
1.5 cP @ 50 C
Partition coefficient, pKow
Heat of fusion
Heat of vaporization
Heat of combustion
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances. Corrosives area. Do not store in metal containers.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Use with adequate ventilation. Minimize dust generation and accumulation. Ground and bond containers when transferring material. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Empty containers retain product residue, (liquid and/or vapor), and can be dangerous. Keep container tightly closed. Do not ingest or inhale. Do not pressurize, cut, weld, braze, solder, drill, grind, or expose empty containers to heat, sparks or open flames.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Sweep up or absorb material, then place into a suitable clean, dry, closed container for disposal. Avoid generating dusty conditions. Remove all sources of ignition. Use a spark-proof tool. Provide ventilation.
Stable at room temperature in closed containers under normal storage and handling conditions.
Acids, acid chlorides, acid anhydrides, carbon dioxide, strong oxidizers.
Carbon monoxide, oxides of nitrogen, carbon dioxide.
Upper exp. limit, %
Lower exp. limit, %
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. Dusts at sufficient concentrations can form explosive mixtures with air. Use water spray to keep fire-exposed containers cool. Containers may explode in the heat of a fire. Flammable solid. May polymerize explosively when involved in a fire. Contact with metals may evolve flammable hydrogen gas. Extinguishing media: Do NOT get water inside containers. For small fires, use dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or water spray. For large fires, use dry chemical, carbon dioxide, alcohol-resistant foam, or water spray. Cool containers with flooding quantities of water until well after fire is out.
May burn but does not ignite readily.
When heated, vapors may form explosive mixtures with air: indoors, outdoors, and sewers explosion hazards. May polymerize explosively when heated or involved in a fire. Contact with metals may evolve flammable hydrogen gas. Containers may explode when heated. Runoff may pollute waterways. Substance may be transported in a molten form.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
OEL-RUSSIA:STEL 0.1 mg/m3
Prolonged or repeated skin contact may cause dermatitis. May cause fetal effects.
May cause liver damage. May cause severe gastrointestinal tract irritation with nausea, vomiting and possible burns. Exposure may cause anemia and other blood abnormalities. May be harmful if swallowed.
May cause allergic respiratory reaction. May cause severe irritation of the respiratory tract with sore throat, coughing, shortness of breath and delayed lung edema. May cause effects similar to those described for ingestion.
May be absorbed through the skin in harmful amounts. May cause skin sensitization, an allergic reaction, which becomes evident upon re-exposure to this material. May cause severe irritation and possible burns.
Contact with eyes may cause severe irritation, and possible eye burns. May cause conjunctivitis and corneal inflammation.
If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately.
Get medical aid immediately. Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. DO NOT use mouth-to-mouth respiration.
Get medical aid. Immediately flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse. Destroy contaminated shoes.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately.