- Hydrazinium hydroxide
- Hydrazine, aqueous solutions, with not more than 64% Hydrazine
A colorless fuming liquid with a faint ammonia-like odor.
Reducing agent, solvent for inorganic materials.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
carcinogenic, toxic, corrosive, sensitizing, dang
R 45 23/24/25 34 43 50/53
S 53 45 60 61
Tumorigen; Mutagen; Reproductive Effector
Swiss Giftliste 1
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
150 (20 C)
Vapor density (air=1)
Solubility in water
1.50 mPas 20 C
1.42842 (20 C)
Hazards and Protection.
Keep away from sources of ignition. Do not store in direct sunlight. Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances. Corrosives area.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Use only in a well ventilated area. Ground and bond containers when transferring material. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Empty containers retain product residue, (liquid and/or vapor), and can be dangerous. Do not ingest or inhale. Do not pressurize, cut, weld, braze, solder, drill, grind, or expose empty containers to heat, sparks or open flames.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Remove all sources of ignition. Absorb spill using an absorbent, non-combustible material such as earth, sand, or vermiculite.
Stable under normal shipping and handling conditions. However becomes unstable if dehydrated.
Substance is incompatible with oxidizers, combustible materials, alkali metals, chloride, fluorine, and ammonia. Hydrazine is highly reactive reducing agent. May ignite spontaneously in contact with oxidizers. Incompatible with oxidizing agents (incl. air), acids, and some metal oxides and metals. Substance may spontaneously ignite in air when in contact with porous materials. Ignites on contact with dinitrogen oxide and tetroxide, hydrogen peroxide, tetryl, and nitric acid. Explodes on contact with dicyanofurazan, n-halomides, potassium, silver compounds, sodium hydroxide, titanium compounds, and trioxygen difluoride. Explosive compounds may result from contact with air, chloromethylnitrobenzene, lithium perchlorate, metal salts, methanol + nitromethane, sodium, and sodium perchlorate.
Nitrogen oxides, ammonia and/or derivatives.
Upper exp. limit, %
Lower exp. limit, %
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. Use water spray to keep fire-exposed containers cool. Extinguishing media: For small fires, use dry chemical, carbon dioxide, water spray or alcohol-resistant foam. For large fires, use water spray, fog, or alcohol-resistant foam.
May burn but does not ignite readily.
When heated, vapors may form explosive mixtures with air: indoors, outdoors, and sewers explosion hazards. May polymerize explosively when heated or involved in a fire. Contact with metals may evolve flammable hydrogen gas. Containers may explode when heated. Runoff may pollute waterways. Substance may be transported in a molten form.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Prolonged or repeated exposure may cause adverse reproductive effects. Repeated inhalation may cause chronic bronchitis. May cause fetal effects. May cause cancer according to animal studies. Repeated exposure may cause sensitization dermatitis. Chronic exposure may lead to liver and lung damage.
Causes gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. May cause liver and kidney damage. Causes digestive tract burns with immediate pain, swelling of the throat, convulsions, and possible coma. Exposure may cause anemia and other blood abnormalities.
Effects may be delayed. May cause cyanosis, characterized by bluish-colored skin. Irritation may lead to chemical pneumonitis and pulmonary edema. May cause liver and kidney damage. May cause severe irritation of the upper respiratory tract with pain, burns, and inflammation. May cause lung damage.
Causes severe skin irritation. May cause skin sensitization, an allergic reaction, which becomes evident upon re-exposure to this material. May be absorbed through the skin. Contact with liquid is corrosive and causes severe burns and ulceration.
Causes severe eye irritation. May cause irreversible eye injury. Contact with liquid or vapor causes severe burns and possible irreversible eye damage.
Do NOT induce vomiting. If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid.
Get medical aid immediately. Immediately flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse.
Get medical aid immediately. Gently lift eyelids and flush continuously with water. Extensive irrigation is required (at least 30 minutes).
2825 10 00
Std. Transport #