- Oxyammonium sulfate
- bis(Hydroxylammonium) sulfate
Colorless crystalline solid.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
EC Index Number
Harmful; Irritant; Sensitising; Dangerous for the Environment
R 22 36/38 43 48/22 50
S 22 24 37 61
Swiss Giftliste 1
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
Decomposition point, °C
Vapor density (air=1)
1.86 g/cm3 (20 C)
Solubility in water
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances. Corrosives area.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Use with adequate ventilation. Minimize dust generation and accumulation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Keep container tightly closed. Do not ingest or inhale. Discard contaminated shoes.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Wear a self contained breathing apparatus and appropriate Personal protection. (See Exposure Controls, Personal Protection section). Sweep up, then place into a suitable container for disposal. Avoid generating dusty conditions. Provide ventilation.
Unstable at temperatures above 100C.
Bases, oxidizing agents, combustibles, and organic compounds.
Nitrogen oxides, oxides of sulfur, ammonia and/or derivatives, nitrogen, sulfuric acid.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. Exposure to heat may promote violent decomposition. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Use water spray to keep fire-exposed containers cool. Containers may explode in the heat of a fire. Extinguishing media: Do NOT use water directly on fire. For small fires, use water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide or chemical foam. Cool containers with flooding quantities of water until well after fire is out.
Non-combustible, substance itself does not burn but may decompose upon heating to produce corrosive and/or toxic fumes.
Contact with metals may evolve flammable hydrogen gas.
Sulfuric acid fumes may form in fires.
Absorption into the body leads to the formation of methemoglobin which in sufficient concentrations causes cyanosis.
May cause severe gastrointestinal tract irritation with nausea, vomiting and possible burns. May cause methemoglobinemia, cyanosis, convulsions, and death.
May cause methemoglobinemia, cyanosis, convulsions, tachycardia, dyspnea, and death. Irritation may lead to chemical pneumonitis and pulmonary edema. May cause severe irritation of the respiratory tract with sore throat, coughing, shortness of breath and delayed lung edema.
Causes skin irritation. May cause skin sensitization, an allergic reaction, which becomes evident upon re-exposure to this material. May cause skin burns.
Causes eye irritation.
If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid. DO NOT use mouth-to-mouth respiration.
Get medical aid immediately. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse. Destroy contaminated shoes.
Get medical aid immediately. Extensive irrigation is required (at least 30 minutes).
USCG CHRIS Code
2825 10 00
Std. Transport #