Slightly yellow to brown liquid with a characteristic odor. A solution in methanol.
Fungicide for postharvest treatment of citrus.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
EC Index Number
Harmful; Irritant; Dangerous for the Environment
Agricultural Chemical and Pesticide; Drug; Reproductive Effector; Primary Irritant
Swiss Giftliste 1
Melting point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
1.12-1.15 g/cm3 (20 C)
Solubility in water
0.18 g/L at pH 7.6
1.5609 (20 C)
Partition coefficient, pKow
3.82 (pH 9.2 buffer)
Hazards and Protection.
Store in an area designed specifically for pesticides. Do not store near food, feedstuffs, fertilizers or seeds. Do not countermine water, food or feed by storage or disposal. Store in a cool dry area away from excessive heat and naked flame. Keep out of reach of children.
Wash hands and exposed skin before eating, drinking or smoking and after work. Do not ingest. Avoid exposure by inhalation. Avoid contact with eyes. Avoid skin and clothing contamination.
Chemical splash goggles in compliance with OSHA regulations are advised; however, OSHA regulations also permit other type safety glasses. Whre chemical resistant gloves. To prevent repeated or prolonged skin contact, wear impervious clothing and boots.
Use NIOSH/MSHA approved respirator for pesticide mist. Use positive pressure self-contained breathing apparatus when handling spills or leaks, or when airborne concentrations are high.
Dike large spills using absorbent or impervious materials such as sand or clay. Recover remaining spilled material as appropriate. Collect and contain contaminated absorbent and dike material for disposal. Absorb spills on sand or vermiculite. Place contaminated material in appropriate container for disposal according to local procedures and regulations. If spilled on the ground, the affected area should be removed to a depth of one or two inches and placed in an appropriate container for disposal. Wash affected area of spill with water. Do not flush material or waste water to public sewer systems or any waterways. Wear appropriate protective clothing and equipment during cleanup activities. Ensure adequate decontamination of tools and equipment following cleanup.
Chemical stable at room temperature and absence of light.
Strong oxidizing agents.
Decomposition products include mainly phosphorus nitrogen and carbon oxides.
Upper exp. limit, %
Lower exp. limit, %
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Use agent most appropriate to extinguish fire.
Harmful if inhaled.
Mild irritation. Moderate skin sensitizer.
Harmful on contact. Causes severe irritation.
Seek medical attention. If individual is drowsy or unconscious, do not give anything by mouth; place individual on the left side with the head down. Contact a physician, medical facility, or poison control center for advice about whether to induce vomiting. If possible, do not leave individual unattended.
If symptoms develop, move individual away from exposure and into fresh air. If symptoms persist, seek medical attention. If breathing is difficult, administer oxygen. Keep person warm and quiet; seek immediate medical attention.
Remove contaminated clothing and wash exposed area thoroughly with soap and water. A physician should examine the area if irritation or pain persists.
Irrigate exposed eyes with copious amounts of tepid water for at least 15 minutes. If irritation, pain, swelling, lacrimation, or photophobia persist, the patient should be seen in a health care facility.