- Indium monoarsenide
Odorless, gray granules.
Substance is used in semiconductor electronics.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
EC Index Number
S 20/21 28 45
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
5.67 g/cm3 (20 C)
Solubility in water
Hazards and Protection.
Keep container tightly sealed. Store in cool, dry conditions in well sealed containers. Store under lock and key and with access restricted to technical experts or their assistants only.
Impervious gloves, safety glasses and protective work clothing.
Use suitable respirator when high concentrations are present. Refer to 29CFR1910.1018 for regulations on respiratory protection required during exposure to inorganic arsenic.
Decomposition will not occur if used and stored according to specifications.
Toxic metal oxide fumes.
Use fire fighting measures that suit the surrounding fire. Wear self-contained respirator. Wear fully protective impervious suit.
Product is not flammable.
Toxic metal fumes.
USA PEL (respirable) 0.01 mg/m3 (as As)
Acute arsenic poisoning from ingestion results in marked irritation of the stomach and intestines with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. In severe cases, the vomitus and stools are bloody and the patient goes into collapse and shock with weak, rapid pulse, cold sweats, coma and death. Chronic arsenic poisoning may cause disturbances of the digestive system such as loss of appetite, cramps, nausea, constipation or diarrhea. Exposure to indium compounds may cause pain in the joints and bones, tooth decay, nervous and gastrointestinal disorders, heart pain and general debility. Experiments with animals also indicate that indium may cause reduced food and water consumption with weight loss, pulmonary edema, pneumonia, blood, liver and kidney damage, leg paralysis and damage to the brain, heart, adrenals and spleen.
Do not induce vomiting; immediately call for medical help. Seek immediate medical advice.
Supply fresh air. If required, provide artificial respiration. Keep patient warm. Seek immediate medical advice.
Immediately wash with water and soap and rinse thoroughly. Seek immediate medical advice.
Rinse opened eye for several minutes under running water. Then consult a doctor