- a-Methyl-p-(1-oxo-2-isoindolinyl)benzeneacetic acid
- 2-[4-(1-Oxo-2-isoindolinyl)phenyl]propanoic acid
- dl-a-[4-(1-Oxo-2-isoindolinyl)phenyl]propionic acid
Potential treatment for spinal muscular atrophy.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
22 36/37/39 45
Melting point, °C
208 - 210
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
3E-11 (25 C)
Solubility in water
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Wear appropriate government approved respirator, chemical-resistant gloves, safety goggles, other protective clothing.
Wear positive pressure self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA).
Sweep up, place in a bag and hold for waste disposal. Avoid raising dust. Ventilate area and wash spill site after material pickup is complete.
Stable at normal temperatures and pressures.
Thermal decomposition may produce carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, and nitrogen oxides.
Extinguish using Water spray. Carbon dioxide, dry chemical powder, or appropriate foam. Wear self-contained breathing apparatus and protective clothing to prevent contact with skin and eyes.
Non-combustible, substance itself does not burn but may decompose upon heating to produce corrosive and/or toxic fumes.
Emits toxic fumes under fire conditions.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Toxic. Toxic if swallowed. Limited evidence of a carcinogenic effect. Possible carcinogen.
Harmful if swallowed.
TOXIC; inhalation, ingestion, or skin contact with material may cause severe injury or death. Effects of contact or inhalation may be delayed.
Contact with molten substance may cause severe burns to skin and eyes. See Inhalation.
If swallowed, wash out mouth with water provided person is conscious. Call a physician.
If inhaled, remove to fresh air. If breathing becomes difficult, call a physician.
In case of skin contact, flush with copious amounts of water for at least 15 minutes. Remove contaminated clothing and shoes. Call a physician.
In case of contact with eyes, flush with copious amounts of water for at least 15 minutes. Assure adequate flushing by separating the eyelids with fingers. Call a physician.