- Ferrous sulfide
As lab source of hydrogen sulfide, in the ceramic industry, as paintermediate pigment, in anodes, in lubricant coatings.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Swiss Giftliste 1
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
1.1144 (1300 C)
Solubility in water
3.43 cp (1250 C)
Heat of fusion
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances.
Use with adequate ventilation. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Avoid ingestion and inhalation.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container. Avoid generating dusty conditions.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Oxides of sulfur, hydrogen sulfide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. Extinguishing media: For small fires, use water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide or chemical foam.
NIOSH TWA: 1 mg/m3
Blood pressure may be decreased following an iron overdose. Lethargy, restlessness or confusion may be seen early in the poisoning. Convulsions and coma may occur in later phases. Case reports of pregnant women who have received early aggressive treatment (decontamination and/or deferoxamine) have described good fetal outcomes.
May cause irritation of the digestive tract. The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated.
May cause respiratory tract irritation. The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated.
May cause skin irritation.
Dust may cause mechanical irritation.
If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid if cough or other symptoms appear.
Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Get medical aid if irritation develops or persists.
Flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid.
2830 90 11