- exo-1,7,7-Trimethylbicyclo[2.2.1]hept-2-yl methacrylate
Clear, yellow liquid.
Monomer for its homopolymer.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
S 26 28
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
0.01 (25 C)
0.9775 g/cm3 (25 C)
Solubility in water
1.48 (20 C)
Partition coefficient, pKow
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a cool, dry place. Keep container closed when not in use.
All chemicals should be considered hazardous. Avoid direct physical contact. Use appropriate, approved safety equipment. Untrained individuals should not handle this chemical or its container. Handling should occur in a chemical fume hood.
Wear safety glasses and chemical goggles if splashing is possible. Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Wear a NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved full-facepiece airline respirator in the positive pressure mode with emergency escape provisions.
Absorb spill with inert material, (e.g., dry sand or earth), then place into a chemical waste container. While using the appropriate protective equipment, clean up spills immediately.
table under normal temperatures and pressures.
Oxidizing agents, reducing agents.
Carbon monoxide, irritating and toxic fumes and gases, carbon dioxide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. In case of fire, use water, dry chemical, chemical foam, or alcohol-resistant foam.
Paresthesia have been reported. Headache, irritability, drowsiness and dizziness may occur.
Anorexia and nausea has been reported from inhalational exposure. Stomatitis has resulted from contact. Administration to rats by lavage failed to produce gastric lesions.
Respiratory depression, pulmonary edema, emphysema, and atelectasis have occurred in animals following large doses.
Allergic contact dermatitis has been reported. Eczematous reactions of onychial and paronychial tissues have been reported in patients using acrylic plastic nails. Dystrophic nail changes may persist for months. Irreversible loss of the fingernails has occurred.
Significant systemic toxicity is not expected after acute ingestion; gastrointestinal decontamination is generally not warranted.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately.
Remove contaminated clothing and wash exposed area thoroughly with soap and water. A physician should examine the area if irritation or pain persists.
Irrigate exposed eyes with copious amounts of tepid water for at least 15 minutes. If irritation, pain, swelling, lacrimation, or photophobia persist, the patient should be seen in a health care facility.