- 2-Methyl-1-propanesulfonyl chloride
- 2-Methyl-1-propylsulfonyl chloride
- 2-Methylpropanesulfonyl chloride
- Isobutylsulfonyl chloride
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
26 36/37/38 45
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
0.77 (25 C)
1.2014 g/cm3 (20 C)
Solubility in water
5.5 g/L (25 C)
Partition coefficient, pKow
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Keep container tightly closed. Store under inert gas.
Compatible chemical-resistant gloves. Chemical safety goggles. Protective clothing. Faceshield (8-inch minimum).
se respirators and components tested and approved under appropriate government standards such as NIOSH (US) or CEN (EU). Where risk assessment shows air-purifying respirators are appropriate use a full-face respirator with multi-purpose combination (US) or type ABEK (EN 14387) respirator cartridges as a backup to engineering controls. If the respirator is the sole means of protection, use a full-face supplied air respirator.
Cover with dry lime or soda ash, pick up, keep in a closed container, and hold for waste disposal. Ventilate area and wash spill site after material pickup is complete.
Moisture sensitive material.
Strong oxidizing agents.
Carbon monoxide, Carbon dioxide, Hydrogen chloride gas, Sulfur oxides.
Extinguish with water spray, carbon dioxide, dry chemical powder or appropriate foam. Wear self-contained breathing apparatus and protective clothing to prevent contact with skin and eyes.
Emits toxic fumes under fire conditions.
Material is extremely destructive to tissue of the mucous membranes and upper respiratory tract, eyes, and skin. Inhalation may result in spasm, inflammation and edema of the larynx and bronchi, chemical pneumonitis, and pulmonary edema. Symptoms of exposure may include burning sensation, coughing, wheezing, laryngitis, shortness of breath, headache, nausea, and vomiting.
May be harmful if swallowed.
Material is extremely destructive to the tissue of the mucous membranes and upper respiratory tract. May be harmful if inhaled.
Causes burns. May be harmful if absorbed through the skin.
Causes burns. Lachrymator.
If swallowed, wash out mouth with water provided person is conscious. Call a physician.
If inhaled, remove to fresh air. If not breathing give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen.
In case of contact, immediately wash skin with soap and copious amounts of water. Remove contaminated clothing and shoes. Call a physician.
In case of contact with eyes, flush with copious amounts of water for at least 15 minutes. Assure adequate flushing by separating the eyelids with fingers. Call a physician.