- Diisopropyl hydrogen phosphite
- Diisopropyl phosphite
- O,O-Diisopropyl phosphonate
Clear, colorless liquid. With a stench.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Boiling point, °C
Vapor density (air=1)
1.0159 g/cm3 (0 C)
26.62 g/s2 (20 C)
1.4083 (20 C)
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances. Keep containers tightly closed. Store protected from moisture.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Use with adequate ventilation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Do not ingest or inhale. Do not allow contact with water. Keep from contact with moist air and steam. Do not breathe vapors.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothing to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
A respiratory protection program that meets OSHA's 29 CFR 1910.134 and ANSI Z88.2 requirements or European Standard EN 149 must be followed whenever workplace conditions warrant a respirator's use.
Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Cover with sand, dry lime or soda ash and place in a closed container for disposal. Provide ventilation. Do not get water inside containers.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures. May decompose on exposure to moist air or water.
Strong oxidizing agents, strong acids, strong bases, acid chlorides, moisture, water.
Phosphine, carbon monoxide, oxides of phosphorus, irritating and toxic fumes and gases, carbon dioxide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Extinguishing media: Do NOT get water inside containers. In case of fire, use carbon dioxide, dry chemical powder or appropriate foam.
Chronic exposure may cause blood effects.
May cause gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. May cause headache. May be harmful if swallowed.
May be harmful if inhaled. May cause headache, nausea, and vomiting.
Causes skin irritation.
Causes eye irritation. May cause chemical conjunctivitis.
Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately. Do NOT induce vomiting. If conscious and alert, rinse mouth and drink 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid.
Get medical aid. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately.