- Digenic acid
- L-alpha-Kainic acid
- 3-Pyrrolidineacetic acid, 2-carboxy-4-isopropenyl
- (2S,3S,4S)-2-Carboxy-4-isopropenylpyrrolidine-3-acetic acid
White to light yellow solid.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
5.7E-9 (25 C)
Solubility in water
Partition coefficient, pKow
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Keep container tightly closed. Keep container in a cool, well-ventilated area. Do not store above 4 C.
Splash goggles. Full suit. Dust respirator. Boots. Gloves. Suggested protective clothing might not be sufficient; consult a specialist BEFORE handling this product.
A self-contained breathing apparatus should be used to avoid inhalation of the product.
Use appropriate tools to put the spilled solid in a convenient waste disposal container. Finish cleaning by spreading water on the contaminated surface and dispose of according to local and regional authority requirements.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
For small fires, use dry chemical powder. For large fires, use water strap, fog or foam. Do not use water jet. Fire fighters should wear positive pressure self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) and full turnout gear.
May be combustible at high temperature.
Oxides of carbon and nitrogen.
May be harmful if inhaled, absorbed through the skin or swallowed. May cause damage to the brain.
Do NOT induce vomiting unless directed to do so by medical personnel. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. If large quantities of this material are swallowed, call a physician immediately. Loosen tight clothing such as a collar, tie, belt or waistband.
If inhaled, remove to fresh air. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical attention.
In case of contact, immediately flush skin with plenty of water. Remove contaminated clothing and shoes. Cold water may be used.Wash clothing before reuse. Thoroughly clean shoes before reuse. Get medical attention.
Check for and remove any contact lenses. In case of contact, immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes. Cold water may be used. Get medical attention.