- L-a-Amino-g-(guanidinooxy)-n-butyric acid
- L-Homoserine, O-((aminoiminomethyl)amino)
- Butyric acid, 2-amino-4-(guanidinooxy)-, L
A naturally occurring L-amino acid that interferes with L-arginine-utilizing enzymes due to its structural similarity with this L-amino acid. It is a selective inhibitor of inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS). Overproduction of NO by iNOS plays a crucial role in the pathophysiology of septic shock and chronic inflammation.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
2E-6 (25 C)
Solubility in water
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Maintain at 2-8 C.
Compatible chemical-resistant gloves. Chemical safety goggles.
Government approved respirator.
Sweep up, place in a bag and hold for waste disposal. Avoid raising dust. Ventilate area and wash spill site after material pickup is complete.
Strong oxidizing agents.
Thermal decomposition may produce carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, and nitrogen oxides.
Extinguish using Water spray. Carbon dioxide, dry chemical powder, or appropriate foam. Wear self-contained breathing apparatus and protective clothing to prevent contact with skin and eyes.
Emits toxic fumes under fire conditions.
Properties of this material have not yet been prepared. Any recommendations are of a general nature. Many chemicals cause irritation of the eyes, skin, and respiratory tract. In severe cases respiratory tract irritation can progress to ARDS/acute lung injury which may be delayed in onset for up to 24 to 72 hours in some cases Irritation or burns of the esophagus or gastrointestinal tract are also possible if caustic or irritant chemicals are ingested. ALWAYS contact your local poision control authority or medical professional for assistance.
If swallowed, wash out mouth with water provided person is conscious. Call a physician.
If inhaled, remove to fresh air. If not breathing give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen.
In case of contact, immediately wash skin with soap and copious amounts of water.
In case of contact, immediately flush eyes with copious amounts of water for at least 15 minutes.