- Cyclohexanebutanoic acid, lead(2+) salt
odorless white solid
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a cool, dry place. Store in a tightly closed container. Keep from contact with oxidizing materials.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Do not breathe dust, vapor, mist, or gas. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Avoid ingestion and inhalation. Use only in a chemical fume hood.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothing to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container. Sweep up, then place into a suitable container for disposal. Avoid generating dusty conditions.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Strong oxidizing agents and strong acids.
Carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, lead/lead oxides.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. Dust can be an explosion hazard when exposed to heat or flame. Extinguishing media: For small fires, use water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide or chemical foam.
50 µg/m3 PEL
G-A3, I-2B, CP65
Chronic exposure to lead may result in plumbism which is characterized by lead line in gum, headache, muscle weakness, mental changes,
Harmful if swallowed. Causes gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. Many lead compounds can cause toxic effects in the blood-forming organs, kidneys, and central nervous system. May cause metal tast, muscle pain/weakness, and
Harmful if inhaled. May cause respiratory tract irritation. May cause effects similar to those described for ingestion.
May cause skin irritation. Prolonged and/or repeated contact may cause irritation and/or dermatitis.
May cause eye irritation.
Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately. Wash mouth out with water.
Get medical aid immediately. Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen.
Get medical aid. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes.
Flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid.