- Trilead dicitrate
- Lead(II) citrate trihydrate
- 1,2,3-Propanetricarboxylic acid, 2-hydroxy-, lead(2+) salt
white crystalline powder
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a cool, dry place. Keep containers tightly closed.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Do not ingest or inhale. Use with adequate ventilation.
Eyes: Wear chemical goggles. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to minimize contact with skin.
A respiratory protection program that meets OSHA's 29 CFR 1910.134 and ANSI Z88.2 requirements or European Standard EN 149 must be followed whenever workplace conditions warrant a respirator's use.
Wash area with soap and water. Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Sweep up, then place into a suitable container for disposal. Avoid generating dusty conditions. Provide ventilation.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Strong oxidizing agents, strong acids.
Carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, lead/lead oxides.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. To extinguish fire use water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or appropriate foam.
50 µg/m3 PEL
G-A3, I-2B, CP65
May cause paralysis. Repeated exposure may cause nervous system abnormalities with muscle weakness and damage, motor incoordination, and sensation disturbances. Lead salts have been reported to cross the placeta and induce embryo- and feto- mortality.
May cause severe digestive tract irritation with abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. May cause headache. Exposure may cause anemia and other blood abnormalities. May cause degenerative brain changes. Ingestion of lead compounds can cause toxic effects in the blood-forming organs, kidneys and central nervous system, Acute lead poisoning can cause muscle weakness, lead line on the gums, metallic taste, definite loss of appetite, insomnia, dizziness, high lead levels in blood and urine with shock, coma and death in extreme cases.
Harmful if inhaled. May cause effects similar to those described for ingestion. May cause respiratory tract irritation. May cause irritation of the mucous membranes.
May cause skin irritation. Harmful if absorbed through the skin.
May cause eye irritation.
If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately.
Get medical aid immediately. Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. Do not use mouth-to-mouth respiration if victim ingested or inhaled the substance; induce artificial respiration with the aid of a pocket mask equipped with a one-way valve or other proper respiratory medical device.
Get medical aid immediately. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Discard contaminated clothing in a manner which limits further exposure. Destroy contaminated shoes.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately.