- Lead nitrilotriacetate
- Plumbate(1-), [N,N-bis[(carboxy-kO)methyl]glycinato(3-)-kN,kO]-, hydrogen, (T-4)-
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Solubility in water
Very low solubility
Hazards and Protection.
Keep in a cool, dry, dark location in a tightly sealed container or cylinder. Keep away from incompatible materials, ignition sources and untrained individuals. Secure and label area. Protect containers/cylinders from physical damage.
All chemicals should be considered hazardous. Avoid direct physical contact. Use appropriate, approved safety equipment. Untrained individuals should not handle this chemical or its container. Handling should occur in a chemical fume hood.
Wear appropriate protective gloves, clothing and goggles.
Wear positive pressure self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA).
Do not touch damaged containers or spilled material unless wearing appropriate protective clothing. Stop leak if you can do it without risk. Cover with plastic sheet to prevent spreading. Absorb or cover with dry earth, sand or other non-combustible material and transfer to containers. DO NOT GET WATER INSIDE CONTAINERS.
Use method most appropriate to fight surrounding fire.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
IDHL: 100 mg/m3
G-A3, I-2B, CP65
Chronic lead exposure may cause elevated blood pressure and gout. In young children, developmental defects, including learning disabilities and behavioral abnormalities, can occur without symptoms at blood lead levels above 10 micrograms/deciliter. At higher levels of exposure headache, fatigue, irritability and malaise may occur. At high levels, encephalopathy, seizures and focal neurologic findings with imminent risk of death, permanent mental retardation, and motor deficits may occur. Lead is transferred across the placenta. It can affect reproduction in males and females, and affects neurodevelopmental milestones in children with both prenatal and postnatal exposure.
Chronic lead exposure: abdominal pain, nausea, anorexia, vomiting, constipation, diarrhea, and a metallic taste in the mouth have been reported with chronic toxicity. Severe and paroxysmal colic characterized by a rigid and retracted abdomen may occur.
Highly toxic, may be fatal if inhaled, swallowed or absorbed through skin. Effects of contact or inhalation may be delayed.
Avoid any skin contact. See Inhalation.
Acute exposure - activated charcoal: administer charcoal as a slurry (240 ml water/30 g charcoal). Usual dose: 25 to 100 g in adults/adolescents. Consider gastric lavage in patients with recent ingestion of liquid or powdered products.
Move victim to fresh air. Apply artificial respiration if victim is not breathing. Do not use mouth-to-mouth method if victim ingested or inhaled the substance; induce artificial respiration with the aid of a pocket mask equipped with a one-way valve or other proper respiratory medical device. Administer oxygen if breathing is difficult.
Remove and isolate contaminated clothing and shoes. Remove material from skin immediately. Immediately flush with running water for at least 20 minutes. For minor skin contact, avoid spreading material on unaffected skin.
Immediately flush with running water for at least 20 minutes.
USCG CHRIS Code