gray cubic crystals
Substance is used in photoconductor cells.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Swiss Giftliste 1
Melting point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
0.0387 (635 C)
Heat of fusion
Hazards and Protection.
Keep containers tightly closed. Store in a cool, dry area away from incompatible substances.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Use only in a well ventilated area. Minimize dust generation and accumulation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Avoid ingestion and inhalation.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
A respiratory protection program that meets OSHA's 29 CFR 1910.134 and ANSI Z88.2 requirements or European Standard EN 149 must be followed whenever workplace conditions warrant a respirator's use.
Sweep up, then place into a suitable container for disposal. Avoid generating dusty conditions. Provide ventilation.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Strong oxidizing agents, strong acids, metal oxides.
Irritating and toxic fumes and gases, tellurium fumes, lead fumes.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. To extinguish fire, use water, dry chemical, chemical foam, or alcohol-resistant foam.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
50 µg/m3 PEL
G-A3, I-2B, CP65
May cause liver and kidney damage. Chronic exposure may lead to encephalopathy.
May cause gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated. Ingestion of lead compounds can cause toxic effects in the blood-forming organs, kidneys and central nervous system, May cause systemic effects. Symptoms of lead poisoning include; weakness, weight loss, lassitude, insomnia, and hypotension.
May cause respiratory tract irritation. The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated. Overexposure may lead to headache, dizziness, abdominal pain, diarrhea, constipation, nausea, vomiting, 'blue line' on the gums, insomnia, and a metallic taste in the mouth.
May cause skin irritation.
May cause eye irritation.
Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately. Do NOT induce vomiting. If conscious and alert, rinse mouth and drink 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water.
Get medical aid immediately. Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen.
Get medical aid. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid.
USCG CHRIS Code