- Herbicide 326
- Urea, N'-(3,4-dichlorophenyl)-N-methoxy-n-methyl
- Urea, 3-(3,4-dichlorophenyl)-1-methoxy-1-methyl
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
EC Index Number
Carcinogenic Category 3; Harmful; Dangerous for the Environment
Agricultural Chemical and Pesticide; Mutagen
Swiss Giftliste 1
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
93 - 94
Vapor pressure, mmHg
1E-6 (25 C)
1.49 g/cm3 (20 C)
Solubility in water
75 mg/L (25 C)
Partition coefficient, pKow
Hazards and Protection.
Store in cool, dry place.
All chemicals should be considered hazardous. Avoid direct physical contact. Use appropriate, approved safety equipment. Untrained individuals should not handle this chemical or its container. Handling should occur in a chemical fume hood.
Chemical splash goggles in compliance with OSHA regulations are advised; however, OSHA regulations also permit other type safety glasses. Whre chemical resistant gloves. To prevent repeated or prolonged skin contact, wear impervious clothing and boots.
Use NIOSH/MSHA approved respirator appropriate for exposure of concern.
Evacuate area and ventilate. Wear protective equipment. If required, use an inert absrobent. Sweep up and place in an appropriate container for disposal. Wash contaminated surfaces.
It is stable at its melting point and in neutral aqueous media. Dry formulations are stable under normal storage conditions. Hydrolyzed slowly by acids and alkalis at normal temperatures, and more rapidly at higher temperatures.
Strong oxidizing agents.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Use agent most appropriate to extinguish fire.
Nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea may be noted following ingestion.
Cyanosis unresponsive to oxygen therapy may be noted in patients with methemoglobinemia due to absorption of excessive amounts of these agents.
Seek medical attention. If individual is drowsy or unconscious, do not give anything by mouth; place individual on the left side with the head down. Contact a physician, medical facility, or poison control center for advice about whether to induce vomiting. If possible, do not leave individual unattended.
If symptoms develop, move individual away from exposure and into fresh air. If symptoms persist, seek medical attention. If breathing is difficult, administer oxygen. Keep person warm and quiet; seek immediate medical attention.
Remove contaminated clothing and wash exposed area thoroughly with soap and water. A physician should examine the area if irritation or pain persists.
Irrigate exposed eyes with copious amounts of tepid water for at least 15 minutes. If irritation, pain, swelling, lacrimation, or photophobia persist, the patient should be seen in a health care facility.