Lithium acetate dihydrate
- Acetic acid, lithium salt, dihydrate
C2H3O2 . Li . 2H2O
white rhombohedral crystals
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Use with adequate ventilation. Minimize dust generation and accumulation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Keep container tightly closed. Avoid ingestion and inhalation.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to minimize contact with skin.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Sweep up or absorb material, then place into a suitable clean, dry, closed container for disposal. Avoid generating dusty conditions.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Strong oxidizers, strong acids.
Carbon monoxide, irritating and toxic fumes and gases, carbon dioxide, oxides of lithium.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. To extinguish fire, use water, dry chemical, chemical foam, or alcohol-resistant foam.
Chronic exposure to lithium salts may cause drowsiness, visual abnormalities, weakness, ringing in the ears, and muscle tremors.
May cause gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. May be harmful if swallowed.
May cause respiratory tract irritation.
May cause skin irritation.
Causes eye irritation.
If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Get medical aid.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid.
Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Get medical aid if irritation develops or persists.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid.