Lithium acetylide-ethylenediamine complex
- 1,2-Ethanediamine, compound with lithium acetylide (1:1)
Colorless to light yellow solid.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
highly flammable, corrosive
R 15 20/21/22 34
S 26 36/37/39 43 45
Hazards and Protection.
Keep away from heat, sparks, and flame. Keep away from water. Water free area - refrigerator. Keep containers tightly closed. Store in a cool, dry area away from incompatible substances.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Use only in a well ventilated area. Do not allow water to get into the container because of violent reaction. Minimize dust generation and accumulation. Ground and bond containers when transferring material. Use spark-proof tools and explosion proof equipment. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Empty containers retain product residue, (liquid and/or vapor), and can be dangerous. Avoid contact with heat, sparks and flame. Do not ingest or inhale. Do not allow contact with water. Discard contaminated shoes. Do not pressurize, cut, weld, braze, solder, drill, grind, or expose empty containers to heat, sparks or open flames. Keep from contact with moist air and steam.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
A respiratory protection program that meets OSHA's 29 CFR 1910.134 and ANSI Z88.2 requirements or European Standard EN 149 must be followed whenever workplace conditions warrant a respirator's use.
Avoid runoff into storm sewers and ditches which lead to waterways. Avoid generating dusty conditions. Remove all sources of ignition. Provide ventilation. Do not get water on spilled substances or inside containers. Cover with dry earth, dry sand, or other non-combustible material followed with plastic sheet to minimize spreading and contact with water.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures. Combines vigorously or explosively with water.
Water, strong oxidizing agents, acids, alcohols, oxidizing agents, heavy metals.
Nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, irritating and toxic fumes and gases, carbon dioxide, nitrogen, lithium oxides.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. Reacts violently with water giving off flammable gas which may explode. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Will burn if involved in a fire. Use water spray to keep fire-exposed containers cool. Containers may explode in the heat of a fire. Dust can be an explosion hazard when exposed to heat or flame. Flammable solid. May ignite or explode on contact with steam or moist air. May re-ignite after fire is extinguished. Runoff to sewer may create fire or explosion hazard. Extinguishing media: Do NOT get water inside containers. Contact professional fire-fighters immediately. Cool containers with flooding quantities of water until well after fire is out. DO NOT USE WATER OR FOAM.
Produce flammable gases on contact with water.
May ignite on contact with water or moist air. Some react vigorously or explosively on contact with water. May be ignited by heat, sparks or flames. May re-ignite after fire is extinguished. May be transported in highly flammable liquids.
Fire will produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Effects may be delayed.
May cause severe and permanent damage to the digestive tract. Causes gastrointestinal tract burns. May cause perforation of the digestive tract. Ingestion of large amounts may cause CNS depression. May cause systemic effects. May cause nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea, possibly with blood.
Causes chemical burns to the respiratory tract. Aspiration may lead to pulmonary edema. Vapors may cause dizziness or suffocation. May cause systemic effects. Olfactory fatigue may occur. May cause burning sensation in the chest.
Causes skin burns. Contact with skin causes irritation and possible burns, especially if the skin is wet or moist. May cause dermatitis. May cause cyanosis of the extremities. May cause skin rash (in milder cases), and cold and clammy skin with cyanosis or pale color.
Causes eye burns. When substances becomes wet or comes in contact with moisture of the mucous membranes, it becomes an irritant. May cause lacrimation (tearing), blurred vision, and photophobia. May cause chemical conjunctivitis and corneal damage.
Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately. Do NOT induce vomiting. If conscious and alert, rinse mouth and drink 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water.
Get medical aid immediately. Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Do not use mouth-to-mouth respiration if victim ingested or inhaled the substance; induce artificial respiration with the aid of a pocket mask equipped with a one-way valve or other proper respiratory medical device.
Get medical aid immediately. Wash clothing before reuse. Destroy contaminated shoes. If water-reactive products are embedded in the skin, no water should be applied. The embedded products should be covered with a light oil.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately. Do NOT allow victim to rub or keep eyes closed. Extensive irrigation is required (at least 30 minutes).
I; II; III
3824 90 99