white orthorhombic crystals or powder
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
R 8 36/37/38
S 17 26 36
Swiss Giftliste 1
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
0.016 P (50C)
Hazards and Protection.
Do not store near combustible materials. Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances.
Use with adequate ventilation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Empty containers retain product residue, (liquid and/or vapor), and can be dangerous. Do not ingest or inhale. Discard contaminated shoes. Do not pressurize, cut, weld, braze, solder, drill, grind, or expose empty containers to heat, sparks or open flames.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Wear a NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved full-facepiece airline respirator in the positive pressure mode with emergency escape provisions.
Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Sweep up, then place into a suitable container for disposal. Avoid generating dusty conditions. Provide ventilation. Do not use combustible materials such as paper towels to clean up spill.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Reducing agents, organic materials.
Irritating and toxic fumes and gases, lithium hydroxide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Oxidizer. Greatly increases the burning rate of combustible materials. Extinguishing media: Use extinguishing media most appropriate for the surrounding fire. Use water spray, dry chemical, or carbon dioxide.
These substances will accelerate burning when involved in a fire.
May explode from heat or contamination. May react explosively with hydrocarbons (fuels). May ignite combustibles.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
May cause gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
Causes respiratory tract irritation.
Causes skin irritation.
Causes eye irritation.
If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately.
Get medical aid immediately. Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen.
Get medical aid. Immediately flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse.
Flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid.