Lithium sulfate monohydrate
- Lithium mesosulfate
- Sulfuric acid, lithium salt, hydrate (1:2:1)
- Sulfuric acid, dilithium salt, monohydrate
- Dilithium sulfate monohydrate
Li2SO4 : H2O
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Solubility in water
340 g/l (20 C)
Hazards and Protection.
Keep container tightly closed.
Compatible chemical-resistant gloves. Chemical safety goggles. Protective clothing.
Use respirators and components tested and approved under appropriate government standards such as NIOSH (US) or CEN (EU). Where risk assessment shows air-purifying respirators are appropriate use a dust mask type N95 (US) or type P1 (EN 143) respirator.
Sweep up, place in a bag and hold for waste disposal. Avoid raising dust. Ventilate area and wash spill site after material pickup is complete.
Material is hygroscopic. Stable if stored as recommended.
Strong oxidizing agents.
Lithium oxide. Oxides of sulfur.
Extinguish with water spray, carbon dioxide, dry chemical powder or appropriate foam. Wear self-contained breathing apparatus and protective clothing to prevent contact with skin and eyes.
Emits toxic fumes under fire conditions.
Lithium and its compounds are possible teratogens by analogy to lithium carbonate which has equivocal human teratogenic data and positive animal teratogenic data. Large doses of lithium ion have caused dizziness and prostration, and can cause kidney damage if sodium intake is limited. Dehydration, weight loss, dermatological effects, and thyroid disturbances have been reported. Central nervous system effects that include slurred speech, blurred vision, sensory loss, ataxia, and convulsions may occur. Diarrhea, vomiting, and neuromuscular effects such as tremor, clonus, and hyperactive reflexes may occur as a result of repeated exposure to lithium ion.
Harmful if swallowed.
May be harmful if inhaled. Material may be irritating to mucous membranes and upper respiratory tract.
May cause skin irritation. May be harmful if absorbed through the skin.
May cause irritation.
If swallowed, wash out mouth with water provided person is conscious. Call a physician.
If inhaled, remove to fresh air. If not breathing give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen.
In case of contact, immediately wash skin with soap and copious amounts of water. Remove contaminated clothing and shoes. Call a physician.
In case of contact with eyes, flush with copious amounts of water for at least 15 minutes. Assure adequate flushing by separating the eyelids with fingers. Call a physician.