- Dilithium monosulfide
- Dilithium sulfide
Hygroscopic, pale yellow crystals.
Used in depilating agents.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
22 31 34
26 36/37/39 45
Melting point, °C
900 - 975
Boiling point, °C
1.66 g/cm3 (25 C)
Solubility in water
Hazards and Protection.
Keep tightly closed. Incompatible Materials: Acids
Compatible chemical-resistant gloves. Chemical safety goggles.
Wear positive pressure self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA).
ELIMINATE all ignition sources. Do not touch damaged containers or spilled material unless wearing appropriate protective clothing. Stop leak if you can do it without risk. Absorb or cover with dry earth, sand or other non-combustible material and transfer to containers. DO NOT GET WATER INSIDE CONTAINERS.
Stable at normal temperatures and pressures. Protect from moisture.
Strong oxidizing agents Avoid contact with acid.
Hydrogen sulfide gas.
Extinguish using agent most appropriate for surrounding fire.
Non-combustible, substance itself does not burn but may decompose upon heating to produce corrosive and/or toxic fumes.
Contact with metals may evolve flammable hydrogen gas.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Corrosive. Contact with acids liberates toxic gas. Harmful if swallowed. Causes burns.
TOXIC; inhalation, ingestion, or skin contact with material may cause severe injury or death. Effects of contact or inhalation may be delayed.
Contact with molten substance may cause severe burns to skin and eyes. See Inhalation.
Seek medical assistance.
Move victim to fresh air. Apply artificial respiration if victim is not breathing. Do not use mouth-to-mouth method if victim ingested or inhaled the substance; induce artificial respiration with the aid of a pocket mask equipped with a one-way valve or other proper respiratory medical device. Administer oxygen if breathing is difficult.
Remove and isolate contaminated clothing and shoes. Immediately flush with running water for at least 20 minutes. For minor skin contact, avoid spreading material on unaffected skin.
Immediately flush with running water for at least 20 minutes.