Bright yellow crystals. Very faint acrid odor.
Prothrombogenic vit, vet: in hypoprothrombinemia & bishydroxycourmarin poisoning, incl sweet clover poisoning.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
R 22 36/37/38
S 26 36/37/39
Tumorigen; Drug; Mutagen; Reproductive Effector
Swiss Giftliste 1
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
103 - 105
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
0.0009 (25 C)
1.26 - 1.35 g/cm3 (14 - 25 C)
Solubility in water
0.16 g/L at 30 C
1.4938 (20 C)
Partition coefficient, pKow
Heat of vaporization
Heat of combustion
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a cool, dry place. Do not store in direct sunlight. Store in a tightly closed container.
Avoid breathing dust, vapor, mist, or gas. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Use only in a chemical fume hood.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures. May decompose when exposed to light.
Stron oxidizing agents.
Carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. To extinguish fire use water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or chemical foam.
Flammable/combustible material. May be ignited by friction, heat, sparks or flames.
Fire may produce irritating and/or toxic gases.
Abnormally low blood pressure may occur precipitously following intravenous injection of phytonadione. Seizures have been rarely reported following intravenous phytonadione injection.
Harmful if swallowed. The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated.
Causes respiratory tract irritation. The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated.
Causes skin irritation.
Causes eye irritation.
Get medical aid. Wash mouth out with water.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid.
Get medical aid. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes.
Flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid.