- p-Benzoquinone, 2,5-dichloro-3,6-dihydroxy, mercury salt
- (2,5-Dichloro-3,6-dihydroxy-p-benzoquinone), mercury salt
Green - brown crystalline powder.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
R 26/27/28 33 50/53
S 13 28 45 60 61
Melting point, °C
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances. Poison room locked.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Minimize dust generation and accumulation. Do not breathe dust, vapor, mist, or gas. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Keep container tightly closed. Avoid ingestion and inhalation. Use only in a chemical fume hood.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container. Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Avoid generating dusty conditions. Provide ventilation.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Carbon monoxide, irritating and toxic fumes and gases, carbon dioxide, mercury/mercury oxides.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. This material in sufficient quantity and reduced particle size is capable of creating a dust explosion. Containers may explode when heated. Non-combustible, substance itself does not burn but may decompose upon heating to produce corrosive and/or toxic fumes. Runoff from fire control or dilution water may cause pollution. Extinguishing media: Do NOT use straight streams of water. For small fires, use dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or water spray. For large fires, use water spray, fog or regular foam. Cool containers with flooding quantities of water until well after fire is out.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Effects may be delayed. Chronic exposure to mercury may cause permanent central nervous system damage, fatigue, weight loss, tremors, personality changes. Chronic exposure to mercury compounds may produce immunologic glomerular disease. May cause kidney damage.
May cause irritation of the digestive tract. May cause kidney damage. May cause cardiac disturbances. May be harmful if swallowed. May cause central nervous system effects. May cause blood abnormalities.
May cause respiratory tract irritation. May cause kidney damage. May be harmful if inhaled. May cause blood changes. May cause cardiac abnormalities.
May cause skin irritation. May be harmful if absorbed through the skin.
May cause eye irritation.
Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately. Do NOT induce vomiting. If conscious and alert, rinse mouth and drink 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water.
Get medical aid immediately. Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. DO NOT use mouth-to-mouth respiration. If breathing has ceased apply artificial respiration using oxygen and a suitable mechanical device such as a bag and a mask.
Get medical aid immediately. Immediately flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately.
I; II; III