- Acetic acid, trifluoro-, mercury(2+) salt
Slightly yellow solid.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
EC Index Number
very toxic, dangerous for the environment
R 26/27/28 33 50/53
S 13 28 36 45 60 61
Melting point, °C
171 - 173
Solubility in water
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a cool, dry place. Store in a tightly closed container. Poison room locked.
Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Do not ingest or inhale. Do not allow contact with water. Use only in a chemical fume hood.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Strong oxidizing agents.
Carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, hydrogen fluoride, mercury/mercury oxides.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. Extinguishing media: Use water spray, dry chemical, or carbon dioxide.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Prolonged or repeated inhalation of dusts may cause neurological damage. May cause liver and kidney damage. May cause reproductive and fetal effects. May cause tremors, irritability, loss of memory and intellect. May also cause Pink disease characterized by skin, cardiovascular, and neurobehavioral abnormalities.
May cause liver and kidney damage. May cause perforation of the digestive tract. May cause vascular collapse and damage. Causes severe pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and shock. May cause central nervous system effects.
Causes respiratory tract irritation. May cause effects similar to those described for ingestion.
Causes skin irritation.
Causes eye irritation.
SPEED IS ESSENTIAL. A DOCTOR MUST BE NOTIFIED AT ONCE. Wash mouth out with water.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen.
Get medical aid immediately. Immediately flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid.
I; II; III
2915 90 80