- Mercurous chloride
- Mercury(1+) chloride
- C.I. 77764
- Precipite blanc
- Mild mercury chloride
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Agricultural Chemical and Pesticide; Mutagen
Melting point, °C
Odor Threshold Odor threshold Odorless
7.15 g/cm3 (20 C)
Solubility in water
Heat of fusion
Hazards and Protection.
Keep away from sources of ignition. Do not store in direct sunlight. Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Use with adequate ventilation. Minimize dust generation and accumulation. Do not get on skin and clothing. Do not ingest or inhale.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container. Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Avoid generating dusty conditions. Provide ventilation.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures. May decompose when exposed to light.
Substance may react with acacia, ammonia, alkali chlorides, bromides, carbonates, cocaine, copper salts, cyanides, hydroxides, iodine, iodoform, lead salts, silver salts, soap, sulfates, and sulfites.
Hydrogen chloride, mercury/mercury oxides.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Use extinguishing media appropriate to the surrounding fire. Substance is noncombustible. Extinguishing media: For small fires, use water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide or chemical foam. Substance is noncombustible; use agent most appropriate to extinguish surrounding fire.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Prolonged or repeated inhalation of dusts may cause neurological damage. May cause kidney injury. May cause tremors, irritability, loss of memory and intellect. May also cause Pink disease characterized by skin, cardiovascular, and neurobehavioral abnormalities.
Harmful if swallowed. May cause gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. May cause kidney failure. May cause severe digestive tract irritation with abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. May cause weakness, fatigue, vascular collapse, and esophagus damage.
May cause respiratory tract irritation. Irritation may lead to chemical pneumonitis and pulmonary edema. May cause kidney damage.
May cause skin irritation. May be harmful if absorbed through the skin.
May cause eye irritation. Contact may cause ulceration of the conjunctiva and cornea.
If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Get medical aid immediately. Induce vomiting by giving one teaspoon of Syrup of Ipecac.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid. DO NOT use mouth-to-mouth respiration. If breathing has ceased apply artificial respiration using oxygen and a suitable mechanical device such as a bag and a mask.
Get medical aid. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid.
I; II; III
USCG CHRIS Code