Colorless liquid. Alcohol-like odor.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
highly flammable, toxic
R 11 23/24/25 39/23/24/25
S 7 16 36/37 45
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
Solubility in water
Hazards and Protection.
Keep away from heat, sparks, and flame. Keep away from sources of ignition. Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Use with adequate ventilation. Ground and bond containers when transferring material. Use spark-proof tools and explosion proof equipment. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Empty containers retain product residue, (liquid and/or vapor), and can be dangerous. Keep container tightly closed. Avoid contact with heat, sparks and flame. Do not ingest or inhale. Do not pressurize, cut, weld, braze, solder, drill, grind, or expose empty containers to heat, sparks or open flames.
Wear appropriate protective gloves, clothing and goggles.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Absorb spill with inert material, (e.g., dry sand or earth), then place into a chemical waste container. Remove all sources of ignition. A vapor suppressing foam may be used to reduce vapors. Water spray may reduce vapor but may not prevent ignition in closed spaces.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Acids, methanoic acid, oxalic acid), azo, diazo, and hydrazines (e.g. dimethyl hydrazine, hydrazine, methyl hydrazine), isocyanates (e.g. methyl isocyanate), metals (alkali and alkaline, e.g. cesium, potassium, sodium), nitrides (e.g. potassium nitride, sodium nitride), peroxides and hydroperoxides (organic, e.g. acetyl peroxide, benzoyl peroxide, butyl peroxide, methyl ethyl ketone peroxide), epoxides (e.g. butyl glycidyl ether), oxidizing agents (strong, e.g. bromine, hydrogen peroxide, nitrogen dioxide, potassium nitrate), reducing agents (strong, e.g. aluminum carbide, chlorosilane, hydrogen phosphide, lithium hydride), water reactive substances (e.g. acetic anyhdride, alkyl aluminum chlori
Carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, formaldehyde.
Upper exp. limit, %
Lower exp. limit, %
Use of water spray when fighting fire may be inefficient. Small Fires: Dry chemical, carbon dioxide, water spray or alcohol-resistant foam. Large Fires: Water spray, fog or alcohol-resistant foam.
HIGHLY FLAMMABLE: Will be easily ignited by heat, sparks or flames.
Vapors may form explosive mixtures with air. Vapors may travel to source of ignition and flash back. Most vapors are heavier than air. They will spread along ground and collect in low or confined areas (sewers, basements, tanks). Vapor explosion and poison hazard indoors, outdoors or in sewers.
Fire will produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
3 (Strong toxins)
Prolonged or repeated skin contact may cause dermatitis. Chronic inhalation and ingestion may cause effects similar to those of acute inhalation and ingestion.
May be fatal or cause blindness if swallowed. May cause kidney damage. May cause systemic toxicity with acidosis. May cause central nervous system depression, characterized by excitement, followed by headache, dizziness, drowsiness, and nausea. Advanced stages may cause collapse, unconsciousness, coma and possible death due to respiratory failure.
May cause respiratory tract irritation. May cause visual impairment and possible permanent blindness. May cause effects similar to those described for ingestion. May cause drowsiness, unconsciousness, and central nervous system depression.
May cause skin irritation. May be absorbed through the skin.
Causes eye irritation. Vapors may cause eye irritation. May cause painful sensitization to light.
If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately. Induce vomiting by giving one teaspoon of Syrup of Ipecac.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid.
Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Get medical aid if irritation develops or persists.
In case of contact with substance, immediately flush with running water for at least 20 minutes.
2845 90 10