- C.I. Basic Violet 1
Green crystalline powder.
pH indicator, stain.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
harmful, carcinogenic, irritant, dangerous for the environment
R 22 40 41 50/53
S 22 26 36/37/39 61
Agricultural Chemical and Pesticide; Mutagen
Swiss Giftliste 1
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
Solubility in water
30 g/L (25 C)
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a cool, dry place. Keep containers tightly closed.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Use with adequate ventilation. Minimize dust generation and accumulation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Avoid ingestion and inhalation.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
A respiratory protection program that meets OSHA's 29 CFR 1910.134 and ANSI Z88.2 requirements or European Standard EN 149 must be followed whenever workplace conditions warrant a respirator's use.
Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container. Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Avoid generating dusty conditions. Provide ventilation.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Hydrogen chloride, nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, irritating and toxic fumes and gases, carbon dioxide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Use extinguishing media appropriate to the surrounding fire. Substance is noncombustible. Extinguishing media: Use alcohol foam, carbon dioxide, or water spray when fighting fires involving this material. Substance is noncombustible; use agent most appropriate to extinguish surrounding fire.
Prolonged or repeated skin contact may cause dermatitis.
Harmful if swallowed. May cause gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
Dust is irritating to the respiratory tract.
May cause skin irritation.
This product contains a cationic dye. Similar dyes have caused permanant injury to the cornea and conjunctiva in documented exposure cases with human or rabbit eyes.
If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately.
Get medical aid immediately. Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen.
Get medical aid. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately.
3204 13 00