Methyl orange-xylene cyanole solution
- 1,3-Benzenedisulfonic acid, 4-[[4-(ethylamino)-3-methylphenyl][4-(ethylimino)-3-methyl-2,5-cyclohexadien-1-ylidene]methyl]-, monosodium salt, compound with sodium 4-[[4-(dimethylamino)phenyl]azo]benzenesulfonate (1:1)
Colorless liquid. Gasoline-like odor. Shipped as aqueous solution.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
Hazards and Protection.
Keep away from sources of ignition. Keep container closed when not in use. Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Use only in a well ventilated area. Use with adequate ventilation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Keep container tightly closed. Avoid contact with heat, sparks and flame. Avoid ingestion and inhalation.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Absorb spill with inert material, (e.g., dry sand or earth), then place into a chemical waste container. Wash area with soap and water. Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Sweep up or absorb material, then place into a suitable clean, dry, closed container for disposal. Remove all sources of ignition. Provide ventilation.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Strong oxidizing agents; acids.
Nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, oxides of sulfur, irritating and toxic fumes and gases, carbon dioxide, toxic fumes of sodium oxide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Extinguishing media: Use dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or alcohol-resistant foam.
May cause gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. May cause central nervous system depression, characterized by excitement, followed by headache, dizziness, drowsiness, and nausea. Advanced stages may cause collapse, unconsciousness, coma and possible death due to respiratory failure. The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated.
May cause respiratory tract irritation. Inhalation of vapor may cause respiratory tract irritation. May cause effects similar to those described for ingestion. The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated.
May cause skin irritation. Prolonged and/or repeated contact may cause irritation and/or dermatitis.
May cause eye irritation. Contact produces irritation, tearing, and burning pain.
If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid.
Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Get medical aid if irritation develops or persists. Wash clothing before reuse.
Flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately.