- 2-(((((4-Methoxy-6-methyl-1,3,5-triazin-2yl)amino)carbonyl)amino)sulfonyl) benzoic acid methyl ester
- N-((4-methoxy-6-methyl-1,3,5-triazin-2-yl)aminocarbonyl)-2- methoxycarbonylbenzenesulfonamide
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
EC Index Number
Agricultural Chemical and Pesticide; Reproductive Effector
Swiss Giftliste 1
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
1.47 g/cm3 (20 C)
Partition coefficient, pKow
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a cool, dry area. Do not contaminate water, food, or feed by storage. Keep from contact with fertilizers, insecticides, fungicides, and seeds during storage.
All chemicals should be considered hazardous. Avoid direct physical contact. Use appropriate, approved safety equipment. Untrained individuals should not handle this chemical or its container. Handling should occur in a chemical fume hood.
Wear appropriate protective gloves, clothing and goggles.
Wear positive pressure self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA).
Do not touch damaged containers or spilled material unless wearing appropriate protective clothing. Stop leak if you can do it without risk. Cover with plastic sheet to prevent spreading. Absorb or cover with dry earth, sand or other non-combustible material and transfer to containers. DO NOT GET WATER INSIDE CONTAINERS.
Stable in air to about 140 C. It is hydrolysed in acid solution, 50% loss (25 C) occurs in 15 hr at pH 2, 33 days at pH 5, > 41 days at pH 7 and pH 9, but is more rapid at 45 C.
Use method most appropriate to fight surrounding fire.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Coma was reported following ingestion of an herbicide containing atrazine, aminotriazole, ethylene glycol, and formaldehyde. Muscle tremors, tetany, and ataxia have been reported in animals following ingestions of triazine herbicides.
Highly toxic, may be fatal if inhaled, swallowed or absorbed through skin. Effects of contact or inhalation may be delayed.
Avoid any skin contact. See Inhalation.
Seek medical assistance.
Move victim to fresh air. Apply artificial respiration if victim is not breathing. Do not use mouth-to-mouth method if victim ingested or inhaled the substance; induce artificial respiration with the aid of a pocket mask equipped with a one-way valve or other proper respiratory medical device. Administer oxygen if breathing is difficult.
Remove contaminated clothing and wash exposed area thoroughly with soap and water. A physician should examine the area if irritation or pain persists.
Irrigate exposed eyes with copious amounts of tepid water for at least 15 minutes. If irritation, pain, swelling, lacrimation, or photophobia persist, the patient should be seen in a health care facility.
I; II; III