Potent cardiotonic, positive inotropic vasodilator.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Melting point, °C
313 - 316
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
3E-8 (25 C)
Solubility in water
Partition coefficient, pKow
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Keep tightly closed. Store at 2-8 C
Compatible chemical-resistant gloves. Chemical safety goggles.
Government approved respirator.
Sweep up, place in a bag and hold for waste disposal. Avoid raising dust. Ventilate area and wash spill site after material pickup is complete.
Stable at normal temperatures and pressures.
Strong oxidizing agents.
Carbon monoxide, Carbon dioxide, Nitrogen oxides.
Extinguish using Water spray. Carbon dioxide, dry chemical powder, or appropriate foam. Wear self-contained breathing apparatus and protective clothing to prevent contact with skin and eyes.
Non-combustible, substance itself does not burn but may decompose upon heating to produce corrosive and/or toxic fumes.
Emits toxic fumes under fire conditions.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Toxic by inhalation, in contact with skin and if swallowed. Possible sensitizer. Target organ(s): Heart. Smooth muscle.
Toxic if swallowed.
Toxic if inhaled. Material may be irritating to
May cause skin irritation. Toxic if absorbed through skin.
May cause eye irritation.
If swallowed, wash out mouth with water provided person is conscious. Call a physician immediately.
If inhaled, remove to fresh air. If not breathing give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen.
In case of skin contact, flush with copious amounts of water for at least 15 minutes. Remove contaminated clothing and shoes. Call a physician.
In case of contact with eyes, flush with copious amounts of water for at least 15 minutes. Assure adequate flushing by separating the eyelids with fingers. Call a physician.