Registry Numbers and Inventories.
R 20/21/22 36/37/38
S 26 36/37/39
Melting point, °C
31 - 34
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
0.003 (25 C)
Solubility in water
Partition coefficient, pKow
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a cool, dry place. Keep containers tightly closed.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Use with adequate ventilation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Keep container tightly closed. Do not ingest or inhale. Discard contaminated shoes.
Eyes: Wear safety glasses and chemical goggles if splashing is possible. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothing to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to minimize contact with skin.
Wear a NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved full-facepiece airline respirator in the positive pressure mode with emergency escape provisions.
Wash area with soap and water. Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Sweep up, then place into a suitable container for disposal. Provide ventilation.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Strong oxidizing agents, strong reducing agents, strong acids, strong bases.
Nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. To extinguish fire use water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or appropriate foam.
Non-combustible, substance itself does not burn but may decompose upon heating to produce corrosive and/or toxic fumes.
Contact with metals may evolve flammable hydrogen gas.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Harmful if swallowed. Causes gastrointestinal tract irritation. Causes digestive tract irritation.
Harmful if inhaled. Causes irritation of the mucous membrane and upper respiratory tract.
Causes skin irritation. Harmful if absorbed through the skin.
Causes eye irritation.
Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately. Do NOT induce vomiting. If conscious and alert, rinse mouth and drink 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Induce vomiting only when instructed to do so by a physician.
Get medical aid immediately. Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. Do not use mouth-to-mouth respiration if victim ingested or inhaled the substance; induce artificial respiration with the aid of a pocket mask equipped with a one-way valve or other proper respiratory medical device.
Get medical aid immediately. Immediately flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately.
I; II; III
2926 90 95