- 4-(Methylamino)phenol sulfate (2:1) salt
- N-Methyl-4-hydroxyaniline hemisulfate
Off-white crystalline solid.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
EC Index Number
Harmful; Sensitising; Dangerous for the Environment
R 22 43 48/22 50/53
S 36/37 46 60 61
Swiss Giftliste 1
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
Partition coefficient, pKow
Hazards and Protection.
Do not store in direct sunlight. Keep container closed when not in use. Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances. Absorbs oxygen from the air and will darken upon exposure.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Use with adequate ventilation. Minimize dust generation and accumulation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Keep container tightly closed. Do not ingest or inhale.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Wash area with soap and water. Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Sweep up or absorb material, then place into a suitable clean, dry, closed container for disposal. Avoid generating dusty conditions. Provide ventilation.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures. May discolor on exposure to light.
Acids; acid chlorides; acid anhydrides; oxidizing agents.
Nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, oxides of sulfur, carbon dioxide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. Dusts at sufficient concentrations can form explosive mixtures with air. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. To extinguish fire use water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or chemical foam.
Harmful if swallowed. May cause gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. May cause blood abnormalities.
Causes respiratory tract irritation.
Causes skin irritation. May cause skin sensitization, an allergic reaction, which becomes evident upon re-exposure to this material.
Causes eye irritation.
If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid.
Get medical aid. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes.
Flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately.