- Nickel(II) phosphide
Gray to black hexagonal crystals.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
45 20/21/22 42/43
53 26 36/37/39 45
Melting point, °C
7.15 g/cm3 (25 C)
Hazards and Protection.
Keep tightly closed. Store in a cool dry place.
Wear appropriate government approved respirator, chemical-resistant gloves, safety goggles, other protective clothing.
Sweep up, place in a bag and hold for waste disposal. Avoid raising dust. Ventilate area and wash spill site after material pickup is complete.
Strong oxidizing agents, Acids, Halogens, Strong bases.
Thermal decomposition may produce toxic fumes of phosphorus oxides and/or phosphine, Borane/boron oxides.
Extinguish using Use approved class D extinguishers or smother with dry sand, dry ground limestone, or dry clay. Wear self-contained breathing apparatus and protective clothing to prevent contact with skin and eyes.
Emits toxic fumes under fire conditions.
0.1 mg/m3 TLV
G-A4, I-1, N-1, CP65
Toxic. May cause cancer. Harmful by inhalation, in contact with skin and if swallowed. May cause sensitization by inhalation and skin contact. Target organ(s): Lungs.
If swallowed, wash out mouth with water provided person is conscious. Call a physician.
If inhaled, remove to fresh air. If not breathing give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen.