- Benzamide, 5-chloro-N-(2-chloro-4-nitrophenyl)-2-hydroxy
- 2-Chloro-4-nitrophenylamide-6-chlorosalicylic acid
Pale, yellow crystals.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Agricultural Chemical and Pesticide; Drug; Mutagen; Reproductive Effector
Swiss Giftliste 1
Melting point, °C
Solubility in water
5-8 mg/L at 20 C
Partition coefficient, pKow
10 @ pH 9.6
Hazards and Protection.
Stored at a temperature less than 30C; freezing of the tablets should be avoided.
Avoid eye and skin contact. Do not smoke or eat while using. Wear eye protection (face visor or goggles) if accidental eye contact can occur. Observe good personal hygiene. Avoid breathing dust.
Chemical splash goggles in compliance with OSHA regulations are advised; however, OSHA regulations also permit other type safety glasses. Whre chemical resistant gloves. To prevent repeated or prolonged skin contact, wear impervious clothing and boots.
Use NIOSH/MSHA approved respirator appropriate for exposure of concern.
Sweep or vacuum. Place in bag and dispose of waste in compliance with local waste disposal regulations. Ventilate area and wash spill site after material pick-up is complete.
Tablets are sensitive to moisture. Decomposes more rapidly in the presence of UV irradiation. It is stable to heat and is hydrolysed by concentrated acid or alkali.
Strong oxidizing agents.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Use agent most appropriate to extinguish fire.
May cause nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, taste disturbances, fatigue, headache, confusion, insomnia, dizziness, fever, an influenza-like syndrome, arthralgia, muscle pain, hypotension, vasculitis and skin rash.
Not considered hazardous under normal conditions of use. May cause same health side effects as when swallowed.
Not considered hazardous under normal conditions of use. Contact may cause skin irritation.
Contact may cause temporary stinging or redness.
Seek medical attention. If individual is drowsy or unconscious, do not give anything by mouth; place individual on the left side with the head down. Contact a physician, medical facility, or poison control center for advice about whether to induce vomiting. If possible, do not leave individual unattended.
If symptoms develop, move individual away from exposure and into fresh air. If symptoms persist, seek medical attention. If breathing is difficult, administer oxygen. Keep person warm and quiet; seek immediate medical attention.
Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes.
Irrigate exposed eyes with copious amounts of tepid water for at least 15 minutes. If irritation, pain, swelling, lacrimation, or photophobia persist, the patient should be seen in a health care facility.