- Vitamin B3
- 3-Pyridinecarboxylic acid
Odorless white crystalline powder with a feebly acid taste.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
S 26 36
Drug; Human Data
Swiss Giftliste 1
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
0.00084 (25 C)
Vapor density (air=1)
1.473 g/cm3 (20 C)
Solubility in water
Partition coefficient, pKow
Heat of fusion
Heat of combustion
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a cool, dry place. Store in a tightly closed container.
Minimize dust generation and accumulation. Avoid breathing dust, vapor, mist, or gas. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Keep container tightly closed. Use only in a chemical fume hood.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
A NIOSH/MSHA approved air purifying dust or mist respirator or European Standard EN 149.
Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container. Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Avoid generating dusty conditions. Provide ventilation.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Strong oxidizing agents.
Nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, irritating and toxic fumes and gases, carbon dioxide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. To extinguish fire use water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or chemical foam. Use agent most appropriate to extinguish fire.
This material is probably combustible.
OEL-RUSSIA:STEL 1 mg/m3
May cause gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated.
May cause respiratory tract irritation. The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated.
May cause skin irritation. Prolonged and/or repeated contact may cause irritation and/or dermatitis. The toxicological properties of this material have not been fully investigated.
May cause eye irritation.
Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid. Do NOT induce vomiting. If conscious and alert, rinse mouth and drink 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Wash mouth out with water.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid if cough or other symptoms appear.
Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Get medical aid if irritation develops or persists. Wash clothing before reuse.
Flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid.
2936 29 90